Primary Duties & Responsibilities
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Strategic Planning – Define and manage a comprehensive customer business strategy; including product roadmap alignment with the business units and strategic marketing to address the customer’s long-term needs.
- Design Win Leadership - Lead the team to obtain new business through design wins or programs held by competitors. Identify, assess and manage business opportunities, create a strategy and then drive tactics/actions for the win.
- Business Management - Oversee preparation of the customer bottom-up forecast and monitor it on regular basis. Negotiate all business contracts and quotations with the customer. Carry out customer reviews and track/secure the fulfilment of all action items (design wins, bookings, billings, service and quality issues). Set annual sales targets and monitor progress toward achievement of the targets.
Customer Relationship Development
- Secure access to all relevant decision makers at an executive level and below at the customer. Create account relationship development plan in order to secure appropriate relationships within the account. Communicate appropriate customer specific information to management. Be recognized by the customer as empowered to champion their needs within Coherent.
- Create, document, and execute relationship plans consistent with the Business Unit strategy.
- Establish contacts at all levels between Coherent and the customer including but not limited to Purchasing, Engineering, Program Management, Management, Operations, Quality, etc.
- Create a dialog between top management personnel at Coherent and the customer.
- Orchestrate Coherent’s global Applications Engineering and Businesses Development Teams to influence the account’s supply chain and global decision makers in favor of solutions from Coherent.
- Proactive leader that can motivate direct and indirect team members as well as other partners. Lead by example with a positive attitude. Create new concepts and methods to achieve assigned objectives. Able to influence key executives to support one’s strategy.
- Able to gain the respect of Team members and create an atmosphere where you feel comfortable debating an action plan and making suggestions to drive business. Recognize when a project is at risk of completing the task and is able to suggest adjustments to the plan.
- Develop rapport with all aspects of Coherent’s internal teams to ensure an overall positive team atmosphere and success with the customer.
Education & Experience
- BS with 10+ years of experience in Sales Account Management
- Flow Cytometry and Manufacturing knowledge a plus
- Technology based sales and marketing experience required
- 5+ years laser background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- MS Office skills including effective presentation abilities
- Leadership Decision-making skills required
- Ability to work effectively within a team and complex business structure
- Excellent problem solving skills
- This position is based on the West Coast
- Travel up to 30-40% is required
All employees are required to follow the site EHS procedures and Coherent Corp. Corporate EHS standards.
Quality and Environmental Responsibilities
Depending on location, this position may be responsible for the execution and maintenance of the ISO 9000, 9001, 14001 and/or other applicable standards that may apply to the relevant roles and responsibilities within the Quality Management System and Environmental Management System.
Ensure adherence to company’s values (ICARE) in all aspects of your position at Coherent Corp.:
Integrity – Create an Environment of Trust
Collaboration – Innovate Through the Sharing of Ideas
Accountability – Own the Process and the Outcome
Respect – Recognize the Value in Everyone
Enthusiasm – Find a Sense of Purpose in Work
Coherent Corp. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.