Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: 0%
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
The Automotive High Performance Compute (HPC) team is seeking a senior level Business Development/Marketing Manager to manage the automotive product line of all our current and next generation HPC products, with an eye on also developing next generation technologies, for communications with customers and partners in Automotive industry. This is an excellent opportunity to take a leadership role to grow a high-visibility SOC and overall software product family.
- The person in this role will have a key role in accelerating the growth of the business of our fast growing line of SOC and software products for automotive applications. Success requires a clear understanding of Digital SOC Products, in-car architectures, with a focus on expanding products developments to turbo charge the growth in automotive arenas such as (but not limited to) the zonal, ADAS, infotainment and automotive compute sectors.
- The Senior Business Development & marketing director’s responsibilities include working closely with key customers - and prioritizing customer support activities to secure design wins, introducing new products to the market and making sure that they are promoted effectively, understanding the ecosystem and key needs for our products, and working with customers to define new products and the overall roadmap.
- The successful candidate must have strong self-motivation and sense of initiative, excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to work well across various functional organizations such as Applications Engineering, Design Engineering, Product Engineering, and Sales.
- Additionally the candidate must be able to drive and fuel business growth while working in a truly global environment, must contribute actively to the transformational changes that bring the best out of a multi-cultural work force.
- Lead a team of marketing and application engineers to drive aggressive growth for design in and revenue in line with committed forecast for HPC in automotive market
- Develop cohesive market strategy comprehending product market alignment, resource utilization and market trends to maximize return on the portfolio.
- Drive design wins to meet revenue commitments.
- Actively work with sales and business operations to forecast revenue and work with operations planning teams to ensure supply meets demand.
- Work with sales, Individual Business Unit Product Marketing Engineers, and Applications engineers to generate winning technical proposals by comprehending the true needs of customers and segments.
- Work closely with the Marketing, Applications, and field sales/FAE teams of other Renesas Electronics’ business units to successfully define innovative products and work with a cross-functional team to coordinate product promotion and demand creation within specific Regions.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for Sales, FAE, and customers, providing them with insights into product roadmaps and identifying new design opportunities. This also involves conducting product launches and delivering training sessions to Sales and FAE teams.
- Creating business cases for new product and technology projects and presenting them to senior management for approval.
- Collaborating closely with the applications team to define product requirements based on customer and market demands.
- Providing support to field teams (Sales, FAEs, and Marketing) as needed to generate opportunities and facilitate design-ins.
- Taking ownership of approved projects and their associated business cases, which includes conducting Profit and Loss (P&L) analysis.
- Developing and implementing pricing strategies for the product portfolio.
- Contribute to development of the PL annual and strategic operating plan(s).
- Stay abreast of market conditions; develop recommendations and competitive data analysis to assist with product positioning and promotion.
- Provide ongoing training/enablement materials to the field.
- Support HPC VP and SVP to define and work on multiple strategic initiatives, including M&A.
- Make significant contribution into Renesas’s HPC applications strategy, through representation at group management meetings, customer reviews and cross-site initiatives.
- Interact with other group managers to ensure wider HPC team cohesion to rectify issues that arise.
- Mentor direct reports, giving appropriate guidance and support, and reviewing technical and behavioral performance regularly.
- Delegate project tasks appropriately, ensuring the entire team follows procedures
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 20+ years industry experience managing and driving business development, marketing and product initiatives along with strategic marketing efforts for automotive SOC and other computing products
- Experience and solid, verifiable track record in growing global revenue
- Experience in creating new revenue streams based on software and digital products
- Knowledge of Automotive technologies, trends and systems
- Has a hands-on mentality to drive different topics pro-actively
- Strong analytical skills and have a winning mentality
- Strives for continual improvement in all aspects or work including policies and methodology.
- Ability to organize, delegate, budget and plan team to meet departmental objectives.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to foster a commercial, collaborative and learning environment.
- Mentor direct reports and review technical and individual performance regularly
- Collaborating with Senior leadership to develop team objectives in accordance with wider company strategy.
- Ability to work with Senior Management to develop and work to budget.
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Results-oriented and able to deliver on-time under tight schedule pressure.
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team.
- Flexible to undertake occasional international travel at short notice.
- Excellent command of verbal and written English .
- Ability to propose innovative solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Reporting to: High Performance Compute VP
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.