Senior Materials & Process Engineer
We are mission critical
Beyond Gravity, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, is the first startup to combine agility, speed and innovation with decades of experience and proven quality. Around 1600 employees at 12 locations in six countries (Switzerland, Sweden, Austria, Germany, USA and Finland) develop and manufacture products for satellites and launch vehicles with the goal of advancing humankind and enabling the exploration of the world and beyond. Beyond Gravity is the preferred supplier of structures for all types of launch vehicles and a leader in selected satellite products and for constellations in the New Space sector. Beyond Gravity also uses its space knowledge for applications outside of space technology: The high-precision products have already been used in the semiconductor industry for more than 20 years.
The Sr. Materials & Process Engineer - is responsible for daily structures production support. The successful individual in this role is a creative, solutions-oriented engineer that takes ownership of manufacturing processes to drive world class Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery performance into the business.
• Determine the materials and production processes for new launcher structures and other related space products
• Define manufacturing working instructions for composite structures and optimize existing ones
• Lead material characterizations and support the structural design of space structures
• Support production using existing processes and the introduction of new manufacturing processes. Solve problems associated with these processes
• Oversee the whole production process guiding the technicians
• Perform development tests, create and develop technical documentation, establish technical delivery specifications, and manufacturing procedures
• Negotiate with customers and suppliers on topics related to materials and production processes
• Assist during the proposal development process for new projects and opportunities (cost estimations, material and process choice).
• B.S. in Engineering
• 6+ Years of directly related experience. Specialization in lightweight design or carbon fiber reinforced plastics is considered beneficial
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be a highly collaborative team player
• Must be able to develop working relationships across multiple cultures/locations
• Must be available for extended international travel during the startup phase
• Previous work experience in the field of non-metallic materials and processes is considered beneficial • Previous experience in overseeing and coordinating production activities on the shop floor
Beyond Gravity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
Did we spark your interest in this exciting position? Then we look forward to receiving your online application.