Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- High efficiency and throughput are maintained in the operation of Advanced Wafering Technology, Multi-Wire Saws, External (O.D.) Grinders, Surface Grinder, X-Ray equipment, Cleaning Equipment, and Other related equipment.
- Quality levels attained after each fabrication step are closely monitored and maintained by utilizing SPC tracking/analysis methods where appropriate.
- All machine operations follow established written procedures.
- Data is recorded and entered in the database in a timely manner.
- Performs weekly inventory counts of production and R&D boules in WIP.
- Maintains schedules and documentation for production orders and samples.
- Inspects and documents product quality. Communicates problems, results, and important issues to the team in a timely manner.
- Identifies ways to improve fab process efficiency, productivity and quality.
- Inventories of critical fabrication supplies and spare parts are monitored and maintained at levels appropriate to the support of efficient and cost effective RD&E and production activities.
- Fabrication equipment is kept in “high-performance” condition through the execution of an appropriate preventative maintenance program. Trouble-shooting of fabrication equipment is conducted in a highly efficient and effective manner.
- Machinery breakdowns are met with timely actions to minimize process downtime, negative throughput impact and/or damage to program schedules.
- Maintains clean and organized work areas
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma plus additional training in fabrication or machining and equipment maintenance at a minimum.
- 2-4 years of hands-on laboratory and/or production experience in process intensive environments with vocational or technical certificate.
- Experience with precision measurement methods and systems.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and process procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and procedures closely while offering suggestions for continuous improvement.
Experience with networked PC based computer system (spreadsheets, Email, MRP systems).
- Broad, practical knowledge of semiconductor wafer fabrication and hands-on experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of fabrication process tools (Wire-saws, Grinders, X-rays, Cleaning Equipment ) in an industrial environment.
- Well-honed observational skills that enable the rapid identification of operating problems/abnormalities.
- Ability to train new or inexperienced operators or technicians to operate fabrication equipment and processes.
- Must be computer-literate to operate computer-controlled equipment and make data entry.
- Knowledge of and ability to work effectively with process development tools and systems such as SPC, DOE and ISO 9000 methodologies.
- Capability to quickly respond to unusual events, emergencies and/or accidents.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural, team-based environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Handle special assignments promptly and professionally.
Set a high standard of ethics, professionalism, and competency
All employees are required to follow the site EHS procedures and Coherent Corp. Corporate EHS standards.
Quality and Environmental Responsibilities
Depending on location, this position may be responsible for the execution and maintenance of the ISO 9000, 9001, 14001 and/or other applicable standards that may apply to the relevant roles and responsibilities within the Quality Management System and Environmental Management System.
Ensure adherence to company’s values (ICARE) in all aspects of your position at Coherent Corp.:
Integrity – Create an Environment of Trust
Collaboration – Innovate Through the Sharing of Ideas
Accountability – Own the Process and the Outcome
Respect – Recognize the Value in Everyone
Enthusiasm – Find a Sense of Purpose in Work
Coherent Corp. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.