- Design, implement, and test machine control software to control new wafer handling features and to make changes to existing wafer handling control methods.
- Learn and fully understand present wafer handling hardware and robot operations.
- Learn and fully understand new wafer handling hardware in order to write software to control the hardware.
- Modify machine control software to add new functionality, to meet new requirements, improve present operation, and to optimize present operation.
- Operate the wafer handling portion of an ion implantation system in order to develop and test new software and hardware controls.
- Writes subsystem verification and test routines.
- Work closely with mechanical, hardware, validation/reliability and manufacturing engineering disciplines.
- A minimum of a BS in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering. And experience 5+ years.
- Will have written software to control electrical/mechanical systems & have excellent software skills.
- Knowledgeable in computer networking architectures, topologies and hardware and communication protocols such as TCP/IP, RS232, RS485, & USB.
- Experience on Embedded hardware/software architecture.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail, and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Have a good understanding of electrical/mechanical systems and the ability to understand how things work and be a hands-on person comfortable working in the lab on equipment.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Semiconductor industry or similar experience is plus.
- Experience with Delta Tau PMAC controllers or other motion controller is plus.
- Training and or experience with robots, motors, actuators, and servo systems is a plus.
- Knowledge/experience with implant is a plus.
- Knowledge/experience with real time control is a plus.
- Knowledge/experience with hardware (like FPGA, PCB … etc.) is a plus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Axcelis to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment for all persons free from discrimination based on race, sex, religion, age, color, national origin, disability status, medical condition (including pregnancy), veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Axcelis will provide reasonable accommodation necessary to enable a disabled candidate or employee to perform the essential functions of the position, unless the accommodation would create an undue hardship for the Company.