Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: Up to 75%
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
The Automotive High Performance Compute team is seeking a senior technical executive to manage the systems and applications functions for automotive product line of all our current and next generation HPC products, with an eye on also developing next generation technologies, for communications with customers and partners in Automotive industry. This is an excellent opportunity to take a leadership role to grow a high-visibility SOC and overall software product family. The role will enable a successful candidate to deliver value by supporting the customer deployment and improvement of overall system integrated, multi-party and in-house software stacks for automotive applications of ADAS/AD, Infotainment and zonal architectures.
- The person in this role will have a key role in accelerating the growth of the business of our fast growing line of SOC and software products for automotive applications. Success requires a clear understanding of overall software stack and product for automotive SOCs to turbo charge the growth in automotive arenas such as (but not limited to) the zonal, ADAS, infotainment and automotive compute sectors.
- The systems and application engineering director’s responsibilities include working closely with key customers - and prioritizing customer support activities to secure revenue & design wins, making sure while working with the s/w development teams that the overall system level s/w product stack is pre-tested and validated to stay ahead of customer needs, is bug free and meets the performance requirements.
- The successful candidate must have strong self-motivation and sense of initiative, excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to work well across various functional organizations such as Applications Engineering, Software development, Design Engineering, Product Engineering, and Sales.
- Additionally the candidate must be able to drive and fuel the best-in-class s/w product and systems stack while working in a truly global environment, must contribute actively to the transformational changes that bring the best out of a multi-cultural work force.
- Lead a team of application engineers to support customers to drive aggressive growth for design in and revenue
- Be the “voice-of-the-customer” into the s/w product development organization by deep, hands-on analysis of system use case level software and workflow requirements
- Be the “front-line” of technical support to drive revenue by solving software and systems level problems to ramp automotive customers to volume
- Work with sales, Individual Business Unit Product Marketing Engineers, and Applications engineers to generate winning reference software stacks & application demos needed to establish clear dominance through best-in-class overall s/w product
- Work closely with the Marketing, Applications, and field sales/FAE teams of other Renesas Electronics’ business units to successfully define innovative products and work with a cross-functional team to coordinate product promotion and demand creation within specific Regions.
- Conducting product launches and delivering training sessions to Customers, Sales and FAE teams. Think digital-first.
- Providing support to field teams (Sales, FAEs, and Marketing) as needed to generate opportunities and facilitate design-ins.
- Stay abreast of technology trends in the automotive software space; develop recommendations and competitive feature set to keep the s/w product at the cutting edge and best-in-class through continuous improvement.
- Support Sr. Director of automotive product line and HPC VP to define and work on multiple technical software product strategic initiatives.
- Interact with other group managers to ensure wider HPC team cohesion to rectify issues that arise.
- Mentor direct reports, giving appropriate guidance and support, and reviewing technical and behavioral performance regularly.
- Delegate project tasks appropriately, ensuring the entire team follows procedures
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 15+ years industry experience managing and driving software product development and application engineering teams in automotive space
- Strong, hands-on knowledge of Automotive technologies, trends and systems
- Has a hands-on mentality to drive different topics pro-actively
- Strong analytical skills and have a winning mentality
- Strives for continual improvement in all aspects of work including policies and methodology.
- Ability to organize, delegate, budget and plan team to meet departmental objectives.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to foster a commercial, collaborative and learning environment.
- Mentor direct reports and review technical and individual performance regularly
- Collaborating with Senior leadership to develop team objectives in accordance with wider company strategy.
- Ability to work with Senior Management to develop and work to budget.
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Results-oriented and able to deliver on-time under tight schedule pressure.
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team.
- Flexible to undertake occasional international travel at short notice.
- Excellent command of verbal and written English .
- Ability to propose innovative solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Reporting to: Sr. Director of marketing and product line management
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.