At Microchip, we work every day to innovate and develop products that solve our customers’ technology challenges. Our team of more than 20,000 people worldwide is dedicated to delivering on the promise of working together to improve lives.
Learn about our guiding values
that are the building blocks and foundation of our culture and discover how we make a positive impact in the communities in which we operate. We believe our culture fosters trust, collaboration and belonging.
Our people serve the industrial, computing, automotive, communications, aerospace and defense, and consumer market segments. As part of our global team, you can build technology solutions in our six growth areas – 5G, data centers, autonomous driving, the Internet of Things, electric vehicles, and artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Around the world, we are committed every day to recruiting, retaining and promoting people in our diverse workforce. Your perspective, passion and ingenuity will contribute to achieving more as we fulfill our mission
as a leading provider of smart, connected and secure embedded control solutions.
Join our community of exceptional people doing incredible things.Job Description
Microchip has an opportunity for a Principal Engineer-Facilities Controls
in the Site Services department at our Fab 4 facility in Gresham, Oregon. The primary responsibility of the Facilities Engineer is to ensure optimum performance of the equipment and systems within their area. In addition, the engineer will execute process improvement and cost reduction projects.
- Ensures the consistent and reliable operation of critical facilities control systems, processes, and utilities in their areas of responsibility. These areas include the follow systems: PLC distribution cabinets and componentry, Facilities Monitoring System (FMS) including Cimplicity SCADA servers and associated SQL databases, Fire system PLC’s and associated components, Toxic Gas and Chemical monitoring devices and programs.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for all systems in their area.
- Contributes to the prompt, complete investigation of site facilities issues and the implementation of timely corrective action.
- Project management, including responsibility for project budgets and construction related activities.
- Tracks and manages system capacities and I/O availability.
- Establishes standard operating conditions for their area and ensures standardization across shifts.
- Responsible for supporting training and interaction with employees on all shifts.
- Collaborates with colleagues in Site Services Instrumentation technicians and other departments to support Fab 4 and Microchip goals, initiatives, programs, and policies.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and codes impacting facilities.
- Supports a “self-perform” culture with reduced reliance on external contractors.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechatronics or Robotics, Computer Science, or equivalent electrical and controls experience or accreditations.
- 8.5+ years of manufacturing facility engineering experience.
- Knowledge of facilities maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions.
- Excellent project management, organizational, time management and stress management skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team player. Professional, respectful, and accountable to colleagues, internal customers, and external customers. Ability to take initiative and ownership.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations and codes impacting facilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office products.
Critical Physical Requirements
- Cimplicity SCADA experience
- GE Fanuc PLC experience
- Allen Bradly PLC experience
- Semiconductor manufacturing facility engineering experience.
- AUTOCAD knowledge a plus.
This is a Safety Sensitive position.
- Able to lift, push, pull approx. 25 lbs; carry 50 lbs; sit 50%; stand 20%; walk 30%; must be able to perform activities that include climbing, bending at waist, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, crawling, handling, feeling, hearing, talking, seeing. Work environment could include slippery surfaces, noise or vibrations, mechanical hazards, electrical hazards, fumes or odors.
- Must have manual dexterity, hearing and visual acuity (color distinction, peripheral vision and depth perception).
0% - 25%Physical Attributes
Bending at Waist, Carrying, Climbing, Crawling, Crouching, Dust or gases, Electrical Hazards, Feeling, Fumes or Odors, Handling, Hearing, Kneeling, Lifting, Mechanical Hazards, Noise and/or vibration, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Seeing, Slippery surfaces, Stooping, TalkingPhysical Requirements
Able to lift, push, pull approx. 25 lbs; carry 50 lbs; sit 50%; stand 20%; walk 30%; must be able to perform activities that include climbing, bending at waist, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, crawling, handling, feeling, hearing, talking, seeing
Microchip Technology Inc is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.