If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 69358
High-performance clock ICs are the heartbeat of the internet. At Skyworks, the Timing Applications Engineering teams support both the hardware and software Network Synchronization solutions in real-world systems. This specific role is hardware focused and will expose you to the challenges and variety of a customer facing engineering role. Flexibility and creative problem solving are key skills required in any applications engineer. This team directly supports a wide range of end customers and field engineers to help design Skyworks timing devices into the end applications. As part of this team, you will learn the customer use cases for the features of our product, and you will help ensure the customer's needs are properly captured and their key performance metrics are met.
Engineers inquiring about this position should be familiar with the practical and theoretical aspects of PLL functionality, jitter transfer functions, broadband PCB signal integrity for multi-GHz clock speeds, general analog circuit analysis including noise analysis, and the use of all common lab instruments including sampling oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers.
- Perform lab measurements for application understanding studies or for end customers (jitter, wander, output skew, phase noise, voltage swings, phase transients)
- Design New Evaluation Board(s) as needed
- Write customer facing documentation to support our products
- Troubleshoot customer returns to find root cause of the IC failure
- Validate customer use cases during new IC firmware bring up
- Validate customer frequency plans before sampling new customers in pre-launch phase
- Help identify bugs in our CBPro software and validate the fixes
- Present a summary of project work to the team and share knowledge
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Student working towards a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
Knowledge, Skills and Character
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and debug systems, circuits, and devices
- Schematic capture and PCB design skills
- Software programming techniques for IC bench validation
- An understanding of Phase locked loops (PLLs)
- Familiarity with common lab instruments (Power supplies, Oscilloscopes, Frequency counters, Waveform Generators, Spectrum Analyzers etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A self starter with a strong desire to make meaningful contributions to the team
- A positive team player that enjoys collaborating with others and improving things to make it better for the next person
- The ability to prioritize tasks while meeting set deadlines on the most critical projects
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.