If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 66401
Seeking an experienced Digital design engineer developing complex mixed-signal ICs for EVs, Industrial Control, Industrial Power, Isolation, and other Infrastructure applications. This role will be part of the design group that is at the forefront of the EV revolution, working to develop technologies that will revolutionize vehicles and enable new levels of power efficiency. Candidate will take a supporting or leading role depending on experience relative to other team members, but regardless of experience level, candidate will be involved in all aspects of the design process from system conceptualization to mass production. For example, candidate will participate in digital system architecture, block- and system-level RTL design/coding, algorithm and firmware development, digital circuit back-end (e.g. synthesis, timing closure, P&R preparation, scan insertion), digital design verification, and full-chip mixed-signal verification. Responsibilities will also include detailed documentation, test vector development, lab test and evaluation, customer support, and other activities as required to achieve high-volume production.
• Derive requirements and architecture for Digital sub system from product specification and requirements
• Develops innovative new designs for patenting or protecting as trade secrets
• Participates and contributes to product definition
• Interface with analog design teams to understand the interface requirements between analog and digital domains
• Work with the team members to fine-tune the overall design leading to efficient implementation and verification cycles
• Creates good documentation and reports on design results through design reviews
• Attends design reviews to provide input and learn from other designers’ experiences
• Research design techniques through technical publications and seminars
• MS + 3 years of digital IC design experience, higher degree may reduce the work experience
• Strong motivation to contribute to all facets of chip design from conceptualization to release to production
• Working knowledge of digital IC circuit design in an HDL synthesis environment
• Ability to develop RTL code and understand how RTL will map to gate-level structures
• Knowledge of scripting/language (Python, PERL, shell, TCL)
• Experience with modeling analog blocks to include in a HDL mixed mode simulation
• Deep understanding of the digital design flow from architecture through RTL design, verification, synthesis, timing closure, P&R preparation and scan insertion
• Good verbal and written communication skills, positive attitude, desire to learn, and willingness to work on a team
Additional skills (one or more of these are highly desirable)
• Competence in high-level languages (e.g. Matlab, C), scripting languages (e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python, SKILL), and version control systems (e.g. SVN, SOS)
• Working knowledge of System Verilog and/or UVM
• Experience with digital design verification, and full-chip mixed-signal verification
• Experience with digital IO interfaces such at SPI, I2C etc.
• Competence in exploring digital and system/architecture trade-offs such as memory size (ROM, RAM, FLASH, OTP, cache), clock speed, multiple clock domains, and the necessity for dedicated logic and DSP
• Experience with both digital front end and back end tools
• Familiarity with DSP techniques and algorithms
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.