If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 67744
Skyworks' Mobile Solutions Business is looking for RF Power Amplifier & Module Design Engineer to join our design center in San Jose, CA. You'll design and develop RF front-end circuits and modules for cellular applications. The focus could be on one or more of these areas: design and prototype through the production of RF power amplifier, multi-chip module/PCB, and full RF front-end targeting cellular applications.
Come join our Mobile Solutions Business unit, a uniquely collaborative, multi-discipline engineering community who support each other working across our domestic design centers creating cutting edge products for global markets.
You will be paired with a mentor to help support you as an integral part of a team responsible for designing custom parts.
You will have opportunities to participate in all phases of product development, including product definition, architecture, system, MCM design, layout, lab debug and production support.
Our culture is designed to promote fast decision making, uninhibited sharing of best practices, and a sense of individual ownership, so we can create unparalleled products and respond quickly to customer needs. These values lead to business agility and customer centricity - essential ingredients for success.
What you'll be doing in this role:
•Design, develop, modify, and evaluate electronic parts, components, or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems.
•Determine design approaches and parameters.
•Analyze equipment to establish operating data conducts experimental tests and evaluates results. Select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
•May also review vendor capability to support product development.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelors of Science (BS) degree required, MSC and Ph.D. preferred
- Experience with RF power amplifier, multi-chip module/high-speed PCB, RF front-end design, and product development.
- Strong RF fundamentals such as impedance matching, active/passive RF device modeling, resonant circuits, and RF/wireless communication systems.
- Proficiency with circuit simulation tools (such as ADS/GoldenGate/spectreRF) and electromagnetic simulation tools (such as HFSS/EMX/Momentum).
- Experience with RFIC/analog circuit and Antenna design is highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience with lab debugging and RF instruments such as spectrum Analyzers and Network Analyzers.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills. Capable of working closely with cross-function teams, including test engineers, product engineers, application engineers, program managers, and marketing.
- Knowledge of common wireless communication standards in the cellular handset market is highly desirable.
- A self-starter and team player with strong desire to learn on the job.
- Strong desire and commitment to take product from concept to volume production.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
Join us and help shape the future of wireless technology!
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.