Be part of the global energy transition to clean energy economy by joining our exciting multi-national team! We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Process Engineer to join the Lithium-Ion Battery Recycling team. The position is focused on developing, scaling up, and commercializing innovative hydrometallurgical recycling processes for the recovery and purification of valuable metals such as lithium, cobalt, and nickel from end-of-life batteries– advancing processes from laboratory to pilot, and full-scale manufacturing. The work involves a broad range of application areas including equipment and engineering design, process development, material production, material characterization, and life cycle assessments.Responsibilities
Operate with competence and independence in the execution of all design calculations, design criteria, in the compilation and execution of equipment lists and calculations. Develop new criteria/calculations where required, maintaining high levels of accuracy.
- Define the process block flow diagram and unit operations.
- Compilation of Process Flow Diagrams, along with associated mass and energy balance calculations.
- Undertake trade off studies to resolve options.
- Identify, scope and manage process test work
- Conduct capacity analysis for existing plants.
- Select the recommended equipment for projects.
- Carryout engineering design calculations and equipment sizing calculations.
- Ensure process specifications portray the appropriate information and design intent
- Process review of equipment bids.
- Compile operating cost estimates including estimation of consumables, labor, maintenance materials and power.
- Compile or provide input to capital and sustaining capital cost estimates.
- Prepare written project reports.
- B.S. Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science, or Metallurgy, Master’s degree is preferred.
- At least five (5) years of experience in extractive metallurgy, research, chemical/manufacturing operations or a related field is required
- Strong technical insights and problem solving, critical and creative thinking skills
- Capable of developing and implementing technical and R&D plans.
- Strong project management and organization skills; Strong capability to multi-task on projects and responsibilities.
- Capable of organizing, leading, and carrying out effective personnel interactions at all levels;
- Hands-on experience in: Developing and documenting materials production processes and equipment and in a Chemistry lab environment.
- Ability to work with employees in a multi-cultural, global team environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of process plant operations, process simulation tools
- Extensive knowledge of process design methods, process modeling
- Detail oriented and has the ability to meet project deadlines
- Experience in working with base metals
- Perform engineering in all project phases of process design
All employees are required to follow the site EHS procedures and II-VI Corporate EHS standards.Quality And Environmental Responsibilities
Depending on location, this position may be responsible for the execution and maintenance of the ISO 9000, 9001, 14001 and/or other applicable standards that may apply to the relevant roles and responsibilities within the Quality Management System and Environmental Management System.Culture Commitment
Ensure adherence to company’s values (ICARE) in all aspects of your position at II-VI: I
ntegrity – Create an Environment of Trust C
ollaboration – Innovate Through the Sharing of Ideas A
ccountability – Own the Process and the Outcome R
espect – Recognize the Value in EveryoneE
nthusiasm – Find a Sense of Purpose in Work
II-VI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.About Us
II-VI is a global leader in engineered materials and optoelectronic components and is a vertically integrated manufacturing company that develops innovative products for diversified applications in the industrial, optical communications, military, life sciences, semiconductor equipment, and consumer markets. II-VI provides a comprehensive career development platform within an environment that challenges employees to perform at their best, while rewarding excellence and hard-work through a competitive compensation program. It's an exciting opportunity to work for a company that offers stability, longevity and growth. Come Join Us!