Established in the UK in 1991, IES provides on-site engineering, technical, project management and logistics services globally. We are regularly tasked with complex and demanding projects by major multinational companies who trust us as their single-source engineering services and logistics provider. Our extensive pool of dedicated, professional field service installation engineers & technicians provide short term support in the semiconductor, print press and general manufacturing sectors. Our ‘can do’ ethos enables us to establish long-term and trusted relationships with our customers.
For more information visit: https://www.ies.co.uk/
IES is seeking an Electrical & Controls Field Engineer to install and maintain a world-renowned brand’s latest offerings in print technology, using the latest controls and automation technology. We are seeking a B&R specialist who has worked in a manufacturing/maintenance environment.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS EMPLOYEE CAN BE BASED ANYWHERE IN THE CONTINENTAL U.S. BUT WILL BE TRAVELING TO CLIENT WORKSITES FULL TIME.
Working in a team of engineers, electricians, system engineers and vision experts, you will provide a high level of technical support and expertise to ensure the effective implementation, but also have the chance to work on a project engineering basis for innovative new product lines. This role calls for someone who is willing to learn new skills, work individually and as part of a team in order to achieve project deliverables and complete on time and to budget. You will be working on client sites for up to 1 – 2 weeks at a time and may be required to work overseas, evenings and weekends as needed.
Engineering and Provisioning:
- Install new print production machines at client sites using a variety of B&R or Siemens PLC controls
- Create flash cards and USB drives with firmware and configuration settings
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Act as a technical authority onsite during projects for control and electrical issues
- Recommend innovative, and improvement opportunities to controls engineers in R&D
- Fault finding and resolution in PLC and MCC electrical panels
- Coordinate small teams of other engineer as part of an integrated project team
- Replace and upgrade PLC’s, modules, wiring etc.
- Upgrade firmware and configurations of PLCs and associated modules
- Upgrade and configure system software as per project or operational needs
- Update project electrical schematics by providing redline drawings to relevant teams
Knowledge / Skills:
- Degree or certificate in a relevant technical field strongly preferred
- At least four years of hands-on experience in a relevant electrical/mechanical discipline
- Controls systems knowledge of B&R PLC’s required; Siemens PLC’s a plus
- Proven experience and skills with maintaining/integrating controls systems to a high level
- Operational experience in a technical environment applicable to manufacturing systems
- Knowledge of system software development activity together with machine process understanding
- Manufacturing operation process knowledge with high level of understanding of software and hardware
- Ideally experienced in a print manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of high-volume production machinery preferred
- Knowledge of various print finishing manufacturing methods is advantageous
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle
- Strong knowledge of IT and camera systems advantageous
- B&R Automation Studio; Siemens Scout a plus
- Drives, Motors, PLC’s etc.
- VNC or similar remote-control software
- Web: FireFox, Internet Explorer, Chrome etc.