Field Service Manager, North America
MI Systems is a fast-growing company in the water treatment industry delivering increasingly specialized and innovative water treatment solutions for sustainability with a positive financial impact. With proprietary technologies and services to lower cost and improve efficiencies, MI Systems is making advanced strides in a multitude of water industry sectors ranging from municipalities to chemicals to food/beverage. At the leading edge of water utilization and treatment optimization, MI Systems is seeking an energetic and highly professional Field Service Manager to propel the business forward.
The Field Service Manager will be responsible for handling a team of highly skilled service engineers and technicians. He/she will be primarily responsible for enhancing the quality of services that are being provided to MIS customers. He/she will conduct thorough research to understand the exact needs of the customers. He/she will ensure that the work is delegated properly so that efficient services are being rendered to the end customer.
- Core functions are new project commissioning, after sales O&M services and maintaining MIS commercial pilot operation
- Create and manage the processes, procedures and policies required for the successful completion of projects
- Manage, motivate, and mentor a variety of personnel involved in the installation of MI System equipment
- Work closely with the project managers, design engineers, subcontractors, vendors and general contractor to maintain schedule for commissioning of project
- Analyze performance data to eliminate bottlenecks and ensure all the project performance guarantees are met
- Drive continuous improvement in safety, quality, customer service, and productivity throughout field service operation
- Ensure that best practices are being consistently applied throughout operations
- Work closely with product development and R&D team for process and product improvement
- Work to ensure that MIS delivering an excellent customer experience and escalate customer concerns as necessary
- Technical degree or diploma in mechanical, electrical or control engineering field with 3-8 years of relevant experience in industrial or municipal water and wastewater industry.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a field service manager/lead
- Experience in membrane-based technologies such as RO, EDR, UF/MF or ED is a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with technicians, fellow researchers, engineers, management, and external clients.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple and/or changing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Strong technical orientation, able to use and build on their technical education, training, and experience to perform well in equipment/project commissioning.
- Needs to be highly creative in proposing new projects, optimizing produce performance.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Highly self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to drive for results.
- Resourceful: Able to thrive in an unstructured environment where supporting resources may not be readily available and must be identified and set up.
MI Systems is an equal opportunity employer and is able to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Berkner Group has been retained to execute this search. If you were contacted by Berkner Group, please reply to the person who contacted you. If you are applying to a job posting, please email your resume and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the title for this position (“[Your name] — [MI Systems] - [Field Service Manager]”) in the subject line of your email.
We look forward to hearing from you!