NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.Job Description
Emergency Response Team Technician's duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Initiating and managing an effective and efficient response to site wide Chemical, Fire, Medical and other emergency incidents
- Maintaining response readiness through team development and equipment maintenance
- Conducting life safety and equipment inspections
- Maintaining equipment stocks and instrument calibration
- Providing direction and training to assigned team members
- Working effectively with both internal and external response partners
- Documenting incidents and maintaining computer and written records
- Working effectively in a high stress environment
- Passing a medical evaluation and maintaining the ability to use self-contained breathing apparatus
- Performs hazardous, non-routing tasks including tool decontamination, chamber opening and chemical change outs, cracking fittings, and other work with hazardous process materials
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in science or engineering or related field and training in a highly technical environment.
- Current HAZWOPER Certification and / or 2-3 years of experience in HAZWOPER or Emergency Services.
- Relevant Military experience can be substituted for HAZWOPER, Technical or Emergency Service experience.
- Working knowledge of Comprehensive Emergency Management and understand how to implement the Incident Command System using an All Hazards Approach.
- Must work well independently and as part of a team. Must be an initiative-taking self-starter.
- Good prioritization and project management skills are essential.
- Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Must have outstanding written and oral communication skills and people skills.
- Must be able to process new information and formulate a systematic written incident action plan.
- Must be able to work a non-traditional schedule including possible overnight shifts.
- 12 hours shifts
- Optional overtime available.
Candidates must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background investigation; this position may require annual background investigationsPreferred Qualifications
- Semiconductor or Chemical industry response team experience
- Certified EMT/ Paramedic
- Certified Firefighter
- Certified Hazardous Materials Specialist or Technician
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work place. If you are excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description we encourage you to apply anyways, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY Creates.Benefits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203Application Instructions
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.