Arm designs the technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. Arm’s comprehensive product offering includes CPUs, graphics processors (GPUs) and image signal processors (ISPs), enabling software, cell libraries, embedded memories, high-speed interconnect products, high-performance peripherals such as memory controllers and DMA controllers, and development tools.
The ISP group designs image processors and similar technology for markets including automotive, drones, teleconferencing and surveillance. Our intellectual property includes RTL, reference drivers, tools and libraries enabling our customers to build on top of our work to create new and innovative products.
Our design engineers need to constantly push the power, performance and area boundaries while generating designs that are robust, maintainable and deliverable to the extraordinary quality that our customers expect. ISP engineers have responsibilities that cover all areas of design and verification: working closely with customers, architectural design and modelling, writing specifications, design and simulation, verification of functionality, generation and maintenance of designs!
You will design and implement new hardware modules to efficiently implement image processing algorithms and will improve existing designs to increase performance, quality and power efficiency. You will also identify areas for improvement in processes and methodologies, then implement those changes to advance our best-practises and state of the art for hardware design.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience of ASIC RTL design, preferably for microprocessor based systems, processor design (CPU, GPU or ISP) or related IP (interconnect, memory controllers, high-performance peripherals)
- Experience of Verilog, System Verilog or VHDL
- Exposure to all stages of design: concept, specification, implementation and testing, documentation and support
- Able to work with a high level of independence and as part of a team.
- Use of UNIX and TCL/Perl/Python/shell scripting
- Able to communicate effectively in spoken and written English
At least Bachelor university degree, ideally in electronic engineering or computer science, although other science graduates will be considered if they have suitable experience.
‘Nice to Have’ Skills and Experience:
- Experience of designing to meet industry standard protocols (e.g. AMBA interfaces, DDR specifications)
- Experience of working in functional safety related product development (applying standards such as ISO 26262 and/or IEC 61508)
- Experience of image processing
- Programming language, such MATLAB, 'C' or C++
- Design techniques for low power
- Writing formal properties to express intent, such as SVA
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.