We are looking for a hardworking, creative person for our Staff Software Engineer position who has an interest in graphics processors, performance measurements and alike - our engineers are part of crafting the next generation of Arm technology!
In 2006 Arm acquired Falanx, a small Norwegian start-up developing Graphics Processing Units. The team now counts 200 employees from more than 30 different nationalities. We are based in Trondheim, the beautiful technological capital of Norway. Here the team is combining hiking, skiing, and trips on the fjord with developing Mali, the worlds most shipped GPU in the world.
This position is in the PPA team (power, performance, area) at Arm Norway in Trondheim. The team acts as a sophisticated internal user of our products with the mission to measure the performance and energy efficiency in various use cases and analyse the performance to improve the products to reach maximum performance potential.
Would you like to work in a multi-site, multi-team and multi-cultural environment? Are you creative and passionate about new technologies? If so, we would love to hear from you!
- Implement, debug and test features and performance optimisations in our tools used for GPU performance measurements
- Work with others in the organisation to collect and understand requirements for our tools
- Improve GPU performance measurement and analysis methodologies
Required Skills and Experience :
- Experience in 3D graphics technology and standards such as OpenGLES and Vulkan
- Programming skills in C and C++
- Experience in standard Linux tools, shell and version control systems such as git
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organized and analytical approach to work
- Ability to understand complex, abstract problems
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Willingness and ability to chip in to process improvement initiatives
Working on interesting new projects is exciting, but we also know how important it is to receive support. We make sure you have regular catch-ups with your line manager who will be able to offer ongoing support, feedback, and development opportunities. You will also be given a certain amount of flexibility and freedom in how you decide to complete your projects/tasks.
As well as being offered a competitive salary, there are also opportunities to get involved in some of the many social events that are organized within Arm.