Power Methodology Engineer
Lightmatter is a photonic computer company that is redefining what computers and human beings are capable of by building the engines that will drive discoveries and progress sustainably. With modern human progress relying heavily on computers, the world has hit a dead end with traditional transistors, and the prospect of constantly building data centers is an environmental nightmare. Lightmatter builds chips for artificial intelligence computing. Our architecture leverages the unique properties of light to enable a fast and efficient compute platform. We created a solution in photonic computing: using photons instead of electrons to take advantage of their higher bandwidth.
If you have a passion for working cross-functionally, leading projects to success, and doing impactful work, like helping build the world's first optical computers, you should join the team at Lightmatter!
We are hiring a Power Methodology Engineer to join our Chip team and orchestrate the power analysis and design methodology on Lightmatter's chips. If you have experience with power estimation methodology and low power design, this would be a great opportunity!
In this job you will work in constant collaboration with digital and analog designers as well as physical design teams to plan and deliver performance versus power analysis to enable management and product teams to make meaningful decisions.
- Own the flows and methodologies to build power estimation models and tools for Lightmatter’s chips
- Work cross-functionally with architecture, software, and hardware teams to identify solutions to optimize chip and platform power consumption necessary to achieve competitive goals through hardware design and software algorithms
- This is not a complete listing of the responsibilities, it’s a representation you will be doing
- 5 - 8 years of experience in power estimation and architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large amounts of model, emulation and silicon power data and proposing optimizations.
- Experience with standard power analysis EDA tools
- Experience with lab setup for power measurement
- Proficient in Python, TCL, Excel, NumPy or other scripting and data analysis environments
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with multiple functional teams across a variety of fields
- Ability to react to change and thrive in a fast-paced (startup) environment
- Attention to detail and strong ability to multitask
- Enthusiastic, responsive, and passionate about finding opportunities for process improvement
- Excellent communications and technical presentation skills
- Experience with performance monitors and simulations used in modern processors or high performance ASICs/SoC.
- Comprehensive Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- 401k matching
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Generous Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Paid Family Leave
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace model
- Stock Option Plan
Lightmatter recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.