Careers that Change Lives
In this exciting role as a Senior Failure Analysis Manager, you will be responsible for the management of returned product analysis technicians, supervisors and leads within the Failure Analysis Organization. You will be responsible for the development, performance management, and goal alignment of their direct reports. You will also provide technical oversight of sustaining investigation procedures and work collaboratively on implementation of new test methods for next generation Diabetes devices.
This individual will provide engineering leadership for technical investigations, evaluation of process efficiencies and evaluate resource or process needs for new product launches. They will lead the failure analysis team to make sure all Key Performance Indicators and project milestones are completed on time with a high quality of work.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience in people management, root cause investigations, process development and statistical analysis. This individual has experience in medical devices and aptitude to manage diverse teams supporting several product platforms.
The person filling this role will become part of a dynamic post-market quality group. They will have the opportunity to interface with various functional groups within the diabetes business unit.
The Diabetes Operating Unit focuses on improving the lives of those within the global diabetes community. As a business, we strive to empower people with diabetes to live life on their terms by delivering innovation that truly matters and providing support in the ways they need it. We’re committed to meeting people with diabetes where they are in their journey, always with an aim to make their lives easier. Our portfolio of innovative solutions is designed to provide customers greater freedom and better health, helping them achieve better glucose control, while spending less time managing their disease.
Visit www.medtronicdiabetes.com to see an overview of the products in our Diabetes product portfolio.
Location: Northridge, CA
Travel less than 10% A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Lead a team of failure analysis supervisors, technicians and leads responsible for investigation of returned products across the Diabetes product portfolio
- Manage/calculate and report out inventory aging/status
- Conduct statistical analysis and modeling to evaluate resource or process needs with product expansions and launches
- Actively drive process evaluation to set requirements for New Product Introductions
- Manage time keeping for assigned personnel
- Set team goals and contribute to department goals
- Coach and develop team members
- Own or assist with CAPA related activities
- Review team/departmental metrics to provide continuous improvement
- Work collaboratively with Failure Analysis and R&D engineers
- Regularly review departmental processes and procedures for accuracy and improvements
- Responsible for the development and implementation of activities in failure analysis area(s) to meet goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- Prioritizes failure analysis schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
- Plans and administers procedures and budgets.
- Makes budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor.
- Selects and develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the failure analysis function.
- Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas