The Central Technology Team within Arm develops key technologies which will form the foundation of future products.
You will join a multinational, dynamic, collaborative and highly motivated Graphics team in Central Technology to help craft the direction of our world leading Mali™ Graphics products. The Mali™ Graphics Processor is the #1 shipping GPU.
You will need to have architecture and hardware/software development skills, in addition to being able to think creatively. In this role you can expect to be a technical lead where your ideas will make a difference and enable you to make your mark delivering industry leading GPU IP.
Your job responsibilities will be diverse and may include architecture, technology research, hands-on prototyping and experimental investigations, participating in key industry consortium's, engaging with product groups, working closely together with the engineering team, and taking part in partner and customer engagements.
- Design and develop the Mali™ graphics architecture for the latest graphics APIs, providing new technologies for products in new and existing markets.
- Perform high level performance modelling and analysis of graphics hardware features, applications, benchmarks and games.
- Develop and improve tools for architectural exploration and performance analysis.
- Understand and analyse system level architectural trade-offs (including hardware, memory systems and system s/w).
- Collaborate with the Arm engineering team to see your ideas delivered into products.
Required skills & experience
- BSEE or BSCS required. MS/PhD in EE or CS preferred.
- Minimum 15+ years Computer Graphics experiences or equivalent required.
- A strong history of thinking creatively and communicating effectively in a distributed team environment, with a practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
- A deep experience and background in Computer Graphics and GPU architecture
- You have an ability to quantify and make trade-offs between power, performance and area appropriately to meet the requirements of the product.
- You have a strong programming ability: C, C++, scripting.
- Good knowledge of graphics and computer API’s (OpenGL, OpenCL, DX, etc.).
- Excellent team working skills, self-motivated and results focused.
Nice to have skills & experience
- A repeated experience of driving architecture development.
- Your previous experience may have involved performance modelling micro-architecture.
- Your previous roles may have included experience of RTL design for GPU's, CPU's or DSP.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
We offer a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.