- Design, execute, collect data, analyze and compile reports on a variety of complex process engineering experiments. Data would be the form of on-wafer structural and electrical characterization as a function of tool operation and process parameters.
- Perform hardware characterization on a variety of complex systems. Collaborate effectively with hardware and systems engineers to improve new product performance.
- Troubleshoot a variety of complex problems, perform Root Cause Analysis and resolve a variety of difficult process engineering issues related to novel etch processes and equipment.
- Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations and technical reports.
- Interact with customers to resolve a variety of process, hardware, and integration problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science/engineering field, such as Physics, chemistry, materials science, electrical engineering, and chemical engineering. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Be knowledgeable in key semiconductor device characterization and materials analysis such as electron microscopy, thin film characterization and compositional analysis, typical electrical characterization and interpretation of the results.
- Have experience with silicon wafer plasma processing equipment. In particular, in-depth knowledge of plasma-etch hardware and process.
- Understanding of semiconductor device and process technology.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- PhD in a science/engineering field, such as physics, chemistry, materials science, electrical engineering, or chemical engineering.
- Working experience and understanding of semiconductor manufacturing and the process integration schemes.
- Detailed knowledge of plasma-etch processing and systems
- Knowledge of advanced patterning processes for state-of-the-art logic and memory devices
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Yes, 20% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.