Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Broad knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing principals and equipment.
- Capable of demonstrating a working knowledge of problem solving, fault finding, and analysis using a range of standard practices and techniques.
- Possesses a working knowledge of job specific technical theory and practices, basic knowledge of general theory and analysis techniques.
- Reads and understands electronic, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and facilities schematics.
- Has the ability to repair electronic circuitry to the board level.
- Understands and is technically capable using various types of commercial and vendor proprietary software in the process of repairing production equipment.
- Monitors assigned equipment performance daily and reacts to issues before they impact production.
- Writes equipment specifications and preventive maintenance tasks to optimize equipment performance and processes.
- Write tool purchase specifications and source inspections when purchasing equipment.
- Develops metrics to monitors equipment performance like MTBF, MTTR, Utilization, COO, ROI, SPC, etc…
- Helps to train technicians on assigned equipment and process.
- Works with process engineering to improve process and tool performance.
- Provide expert troubleshooting on assigned tools as needed before calling in vendor support.
- Identify and suggest equipment upgrades and replacements with justification.
- Knowledge of semiconductor equipment theory and processes.
- Knowledge of SECS/GEM protocols, various operating systems (Windows XP, 7, 10, Linux, UNIX, DOS), Microsoft Office suite, JMP, others
- Responsible for setting up spare parts inventory and stocking levels.
- Work with multiple cross functional teams.
- Resolve issues via root cause analysis and develop plan to eliminate or minimize repeat issues.
- Ability to work in a cleanroom environment and 24/7 operation.
- BA and 4+ years of experience in equipment maintenance.
- AA and 7 - 10 years of experience in equipment maintenance. Equivalent Military experience will also be considered.
- Prefer 2+ years working experience in the semiconductor
- Knowledgeable in failure and root cause analysis.
- Firm understanding of vacuum theory as it relates to semiconductor process and equipment.
- Ability to backup equipment data and software to protect against failures.
- Strong interpersonal, teaming, and problem-solving skills.
- Work effectively with other members of II-VI.
- Work will entail both office and clean room work as needed.
- May require lifting up to 50 lbs on occasion.
All employees are required to follow the site EHS procedures and II-VI Corporate EHS standards.Quality And Environmental Responsibilities
Depending on location, this position may be responsible for the execution and maintenance of the ISO 9000, 9001, 14001 and/or other applicable standards that may apply to the relevant roles and responsibilities within the Quality Management System and Environmental Management System.Culture Commitment
Ensure adherence to company’s values (ICARE) in all aspects of your position at II-VI: I
ntegrity – Create an Environment of Trust C
ollaboration – Innovate Through the Sharing of Ideas A
ccountability – Own the Process and the Outcome R
espect – Recognize the Value in EveryoneE
nthusiasm – Find a Sense of Purpose in Work
II-VI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.About Us
II-VI is a global leader in engineered materials and optoelectronic components and is a vertically integrated manufacturing company that develops innovative products for diversified applications in the industrial, optical communications, military, life sciences, semiconductor equipment, and consumer markets. II-VI provides a comprehensive career development platform within an environment that challenges employees to perform at their best, while rewarding excellence and hard-work through a competitive compensation program. It's an exciting opportunity to work for a company that offers stability, longevity and growth. Come Join Us!