- PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform or coordinate routine advanced failure analysis of devices and write and publish FA reports.
- Establish productive working relationships with our internal customers, peers at other facilities, and experts at third party labs.
- Attends periodic meetings to review FA reports and collaborate with internal teams on root cause analysis.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the quality and efficiency of analytical services to the organization.
- Review and edit reports completed by technicians, and provide feedback for training.
- Write work instructions and processes for Failure Analysis at the direction of the FA Manager.
- Help train Failure Analysis Technicians to follow processes and analyze, recognize and properly report device failure modes.
- Tracks failure modes and maintains failure mode libraries. Presents periodic reports of failure mode trends to the FA Manager.
- Bring up new failure analysis equipment at the direction of the FA Manager.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 4 Year College Degree (Bachelor or Equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Would prefer a background in Process Engineering
- REQUIRED SKILLS
- MS office suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Also, photoshop, imageJ or similar.
- Failure analysis techniques such as Light Microscopy, FIB, DBFIB, SEM, TEM Preparation, TEM.
- Basic understanding of semiconductor solid-state physics.
- Time management skills to efficiently organize work assignments, set estimated completion dates and meet or exceed those commitments.
- Strong communication skills and constructively resolving conflicts through problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to effectively collaborate, drive actions and generate solutions through cross-functional teams to achieve business unit and organizational objectives.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Work in a class 1000/10,000 clean room
- Wear full cleanroom attire (smock, mask, etc.)
- Work with and/or around chemicals (such as solvents and acids)
- Participating in team meetings including some outside typical work hours
II-VI is a global leader in engineered materials and optoelectronic components and is a vertically integrated manufacturing company that develops innovative products for diversified applications in the industrial, optical communications, military, life sciences, semiconductor equipment, and consumer markets. II-VI provides a comprehensive career development platform within an environment that challenges employees to perform at their best, while rewarding excellence and hard-work through a competitive compensation program. It's an exciting opportunity to work for a company that offers stability, longevity and growth. Come Join Us!