Physical Implementation Applications Engineer
In this role, you will support leading semiconductor design houses implement sophisticated Arm cores/subsystems in their nanometer SoC designs meeting daring performance, power, and area requirements. You will work with Arm authorities using the latest micro-architectural design techniques, the latest EDA tools/flows, as well as the latest foundry process nodes to put together reference implementation methodologies and will play a key role in imparting that knowledge to Arm customers. You will evaluate core/system implementation performance vs. power tradeoffs, benchmark EDA flows, supplement EDA tool shortcomings with custom script workarounds, look at robust design flows in face of variability, study floorplan/PG/macro-placement/clock-tree/rout-ability tradeoffs for multi-corner timing closure, and devise physical design flows to extract optimum performance from cell and macro libraries.
With the ever growing complexity associated with implementing multi-core designs and subsystems in finfet processes, we need a top-tier individual with proven track record for solving sophisticated challenges, including low power and high performance implementation to support our customers to realize the best quality of results from our RTL by offering mentorship, training, and support services throughout their RTL to GDSII design closure phases. Arm’s IP portfolio expansion from mobile computing into AI, automotive, Infrastructure, IOT among other market segments resulted in consistent growth beyond the semiconductor industry averages, resulting in career advancement opportunities previously unseen in traditional design houses. Here is your chance to demonstrate that growth to advance your career at Arm.
- Co-operate and connect with the RTL, implementation and library design teams
- Customer support for all implementation related questions
- Development of training collateral
- Appnote/white-paper creation
- Develop, help market, and deliver physical design support services to accelerate customer silicon success
- Supporting field, sales and marketing teams
- Collaborate with EDA vendors to extend the outstanding results from our designs
- Work with geographically diverse engineering and support teams to deliver Arm quality customer support
Required Skills and Experience :
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical fields
- Demonstrable experience with synthesis, floor/power planning, place and route, clock distribution, signal & power integrity, DFM, physical verification, LEC and static timing analysis
- Experience in the entire IC design flow, from RTL through to PnR & STA
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Experience with low power design techniques (power gating, DVFS, etc.)
- Experience with Verilog RTL design
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Perl, Python and TCL
- Processor and interconnect microarchitecture
- DFT and MBIST
- Finfet based cell/macro library usage and implications to SoC design
- Signoff procedures before tape out
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our energetic culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and aiming to achieve effective solution solutions.
- Teamwork and communication – Ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development – Take time to drive own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence – Listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully craft work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises – Demonstrate a can-do attitude and drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.