System Analysis (SA) team in Arm Bangalore works on Pre-Silicon IP performance analysis at system level. We work on analysis and debugging performance bottlenecks in Arm A, R and M profile CPU’s and System IPs using industry standard benchmarks, microbenchmarks and use cases.
If you consider yourself a creative, innovative problem solver and you would like to influence and contribute to defining the next-generation CPUs that will be used in billions of devices worldwide, you will enjoy working and developing your professional career with us.
We are looking for senior engineers who are passionate about analyzing performance bottlenecks and improving the performance of CPUs that touch billions of lives.
Our team interacts with product managers, partners, CPU leads, and performance modeling leads to understand the most relevant applications that industry will use in the future and to help optimize their performance on Arm IP using ground breaking environments ranging from simulation to emulation or FPGA.
As part of the System Analysis team, we will collaborate to innovate and find engineering solutions to the challenges of tomorrow in areas like client and mobile, servers and infrastructure, automotive and ML; we will make devices smarter and more useful to society. Your contributions will help build new technology that will influence the lives of billions of people!
- You will contribute to the performance analysis and debug of the next generation of Arm’s IP products using industry standard benchmarks and microbenchmarks.
- You will identify performance issues and rootcause the issues using waveforms, instructions traces and performance counters.
- You will work with Product Marketing to showcase the performance of Arm IP across generations.
Characteristics & Requirements
- Communicate well across teams in Arm, both local and across sites.
- Motivated, result-focused individual contributor who is able to work in a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Qualification & experience
- B.Tech/B.S. Or MTech/M.S. In Electronics Engineering, Embedded, Computer Engineering or Computer Science plus significant experience
- 2-4 years of industry experience
Essential skills & experience
- An engineering mind-set with strong problem-solving skills.
- Use of a UNIX environment and programming in Python, shell, etc.
- Ability to debug using waveforms and instructions traces.
- Good understanding of computer architecture and microarchitecture fundamentals.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas efficiently.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Experience doing performance analysis of SoC.
- Experience using performance counters and characterization tools.