You probably don’t realize it, but what we do at Veeco touches the lives of every person, every day. It’s a bold statement, but it’s true. From the smartphones in our pockets that access the world’s collective knowledge, to the cloud-based services where all that information lives, to high-speed wireless communication and computing power needed to drive artificial intelligence, augmented and virtual reality, gaming and so much more, our technology is all around us.
We design, develop, manufacture, and service highly complex, cutting-edge machines used by our customers to create the essential devices that drive the digital age, connect the world, and improve the human experience. Along with the world’s leading technology companies, many of which are household names, we help solve their most difficult material science challenges, enabling technologies for a more connected, sustainable, and convenient world.
We’re looking for material difference-makers to join our growing team. Interested? Learn more at www.veeco.com/careers.Overview
Veeco’s process equipment solutions enable the manufacture of leading-edge Semiconductor devices, MicroLED, flexible OLED displays, power electronics, hard drives, compound semiconductors, MEMS, semiconductors advanced packaging and wireless chips. We are the market leader in MOCVD, MBE, Ion Beam, Wet Etch single wafer processing and other advanced thin film process technologies. Our high-performance systems drive innovation in energy efficiency, consumer electronics and network storage and allow our customers to maximize productivity and achieve lower cost of ownership.
The Sr. Sales Account Manager will be responsible for selling Veeco’s LSA, MOCVD, MBE, PSP, Lithography, and ION BEAM products into the central territory as well as into named Tier 1 Key Accounts with the central territory of North America. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales, North America. In this role, the Sr. Sales Account Manager will leverage his/her extensive knowledge and experience in strategic selling and account management as we continue to pursue new and existing opportunities in the Semiconductor, LED, Power Electronics, MEMS, and wireless device markets, as well as our continued dominance in the MBE research and production markets. The Sr. Sales Account Manager is expected to have immediate responsibility to formulate and drive the sales strategies at the named Tier 1 Key Account(s) to capitalize upon Veeco’s ability to addresses our customers complex materials challenges and advanced thin film technologies.This position can be home based in the Central Region. Additionally, this role can be located next to our customers in Austin, TX, Dallas, TX or Lehi, UT.
- Maximize sales, achieve design wins, and develop key customer relationships for all Veeco products to meet or exceed agreed upon quarterly business objectives.
- Provide leadership to each Product Line in support of defining and executing an effective account strategy that accomplishes both customer satisfaction and business growth goals.
- Drive strategy with the Product line team to develop innovative and creative programs to gain market share and incremental new business.
- Spend majority of time at customer site(s) building and maintaining effective customer relationships, communicating technical and commercial information, leading efforts to resolve customer issues and leading efforts to build market share and close individual sales opportunities.
- Develop a rich funnel of opportunities within the assigned Account(s) and territory for all businesses in support of achieving the assigned bookings quota.
- Forecast sales and update sales opportunities based on market conditions, the customer’s forecast for material consumption, the qualification of new products and his/her specific knowledge of the account.
- Arrange and manage periodic meetings with key accounts to review Veeco’s performance, business volume, future plans and to align with customer needs.
- Manage joint projects (Veeco and customer) to ensure customer satisfaction. This includes coordination with responsible people in Veeco’s product groups to ensure that projects remain on schedule.
- Work closely with the site service team, improve reliability, availability, and maintainability of installed tools. Work with Service Management and Product Line managers to grow non-systems business with focus on services, upgrades, rebuilds and spare parts that help lower the customer’s total cost of ownership.
- Drive the sales plan for successful new business Penetrations as well as Defense of existing business.
- Maintain and update SFDC Forecast, Upside and Pipeline opportunities including notes on a bi-weekly to monthly basis and present at quarterly account reviews.
- Travel estimated at 30-50% (as necessary to achieve the goals of this role).
Bachelor's degree required, technical discipline preferred. Must have 8+ years of experience in sales and support within the semiconductor equipment industry or in complex technical products sold to Semiconductor Tier 1 customers. MBA or advanced technical degree preferred.Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Ability to interact with Sales, Marketing, Engineering including corporate level management.
- Results-oriented professional with good business judgment and ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage via influencing within a matrix organization.
- Customer focused with strong planning and goal setting skills.
- Problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple short- and long-term projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organization skills and follow-through.
- Excellent communication/listening skills including verbal, written, and telephone.
- Ability to directly understand and manage customer needs.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by CO SB19-085. Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado is $122,911 + bonus + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, etc.).
Veeco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.