We are the global test and automation specialists, powering next-generation technologies through sophisticated solutions. Behind every electronic device you use, Teradyne's test technology ensures your device works right the first time, every time! Our portfolio of automation solutions help manufacturers to develop and deliver products quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively. Together, Teradyne companies deliver manufacturing automation across industries and applications around the world!
The Product Manager for Production Support Services will be responsible for developing marketing strategies, quantitative business management, and sales support for our core maintenance and software support business. This position requires close interaction with our marketing analysts and other business partners around the world.
• Manage commercial negotiations to secure Service contracts within target metrics.
• Analyze business performance and market trends, including development of KPIs where appropriate.
• Manage Service lifecycle including Last Time Buys and obsolescence.
• Work closely with marketing analysts to ensure timely and accurate forecasting of bookings and revenue.
• Analyze operational cost and develop modelling approaches to facilitate decision making.
• Identify improvement opportunities in business processes.
• Manage customer escalations as needed.
• Identify opportunities for product line growth. Develop initiatives to capitalize on them.
• Manage products and processes to remain compliant with international trade regulations.
• Prepare materials for quarterly and annual executive reviews.
A Successful Incumbent Will:
• Build strong relationships with marketing analysts and business partners.
• Give Management effective KPIs to report on business performance.
• Learn about our Test Products and the different markets they serve.
• Understand account and business environment to enable effective decision making.
• Embrace Teradyne’s core value of “honesty and integrity in all that you do.”
Skills and Requirements:
- 2-10 years of experience in a field relevant to the skills required below.
- Strong quantitative skills. Ability to discern meaning from complex business models.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel (Pivot Tables, sorting, filtering, formulas, etc.).
- Intermediate MS PowerPoint skills (creating streamlined and visually appealing customer-ready presentations).
- Experience in semiconductor manufacturing a plus, but not required.
- A Problem Solver with a positive attitude.
- This is a global function and will require regular night-time conference calls and 5-10% travel (US, Europe, and Asia) for successful execution.
- Must reside in/around the Greater Boston Area or be willing to relocate.
- English Fluency required.