As the industry's leading supplier of microprocessor technology, Arm provides efficient, low-power chip technology making electronic innovations come to life. Our employees impact a rich ecosystem by developing CPUs, supporting software development tools, and physical libraries. These contributions have enabled more than one thousand Arm partners to ship over 100 billion groundbreaking Arm-powered processors.
Arm is located in the capital of Texas. Austin is renowned for its thriving restaurant, and music scenes as well as for its creative and technological businesses. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World'. Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
The Central Technology Team within Arm develops key technologies which will form the foundation of future products.
You will join a multinational, dynamic, collaborative and highly motivated Graphics team in Central Technology to help craft the direction of our world leading Mali™ Graphics products. The Mali™ Graphics Processor is the #1 shipping GPU.
You will need to have architecture and hardware/software development skills, in addition to being able to think creatively. In this role you can expect to work with leading GPU Architects to develop architectural functional/performance models and validate the innovative architecture ideas. Your work will make a difference and enable Arm to deliver industry leading future GPU IPs for generations.
Your job responsibilities will be diverse and may include architecture, technology research, hands-on prototyping and experimental investigations, engaging with product groups, and working closely together with the engineering team.
Together with our world-leading architects you will:
- Design and develop the Mali™ graphics architecture for the latest graphics APIs, providing new technologies for products in new and existing markets.
- Perform high level performance modeling and analysis of graphics hardware features, applications, benchmarks and games.
- Develop and improve tools for architectural exploration and performance analysis.
- Understand and analyze system level architectural trade-offs (including hardware, memory systems and system s/w).
- Collaborate with the Arm engineering team to see your ideas delivered into products.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Seeking BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Ability to think creatively and communicate optimally, with a practical, organized, and analytical approach to work.
- Some background in Computer Graphics, GPU architecture and Computer architecture.
- Some experience in Machine Learning (ML).
- Understanding of trade-offs between power, performance, and area to meet the requirements of the product.
- You have a strong programming ability: C, C++, Python, and scripting.
- Excellent team-working skills, self-motivated and results focused.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in performance modeling micro-architecture.
- Good knowledge of graphics and computer API’s (Vulkan, OpenGL, OpenCL, D3D…).
- Experience developing with ML networks with ML frameworks such as Tensorflow or Pytorch.
- Familiarity with RTL design for GPUs, CPUs or DSPs.