Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Renesas Electronics is seeking an Analog & Power Field Application Engineer who will provide technical support for sales expansion of Renesas High Reliability/Space products in the North America. This person will be part of a regional sales team driving opportunity discovery and design wins through portfolio presentations, customer design proposals utilizing Renesas products, technical reviews and analysis, and customer debug efforts. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience in high performance switch-mode power conversion, LDO’s, and a broad background in analog design. Specific experience in Hi-Rel Space business is a plus but not mandatory. Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Build up close relation to the technical departments of our customers.
- Provide technical expertise & support to develop Renesas revenues with our Hi-Rel/Space customers in close cooperation with the related Renesas Sales team and Reps.
- Solid technical understanding with a focus on our power and analog products and relevant solutions
- Able to demo products and get involved with system level design or in-depth technical support as required.
- Identify new sockets for Renesas by working closely with customers at project design level to achieve design win targets
- Create, organize, update, and track opportunities and designs.
- Develop a good understanding of customer products and market, supply, and business requirements. Able to communicate them clearly at all levels internally and highlight critical product needs.
- Understand the competition for us within the customers and develop strategies to counter their activity.
- Perform product trainings and drive local promotion programs.
- Support customers through the whole lifecycle from 1st consultancy through design in to prototyping and production
- Electrical | Computer Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Experience in analog/power area applications, 5+ years.
- Several years experiences as semiconductor field application engineer, preferred.
- U.S. Citizen
- Strong problem-solving capability to interface customer needs & resources with energetic and proactive approaches.
- Strategic and commercial thinking to perform and organize efficient design in plan for target accounts; capable of identifying key projects and recommending possible solutions.
- Ability to work independently with strong analytical skills, self-motivated and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Capable of communicating technical concepts to a wide audience.
- Location in Southwest Region – Orange County/San Diego, Colorado, or Arizona (Preferred)
- Remote/Home Office
- Some travel required
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.