As the market leading innovator in energy efficient power conversion, Power Integrations is seeking Analog IC Design Engineer at our San Jose location.
Having pioneered many new power converter topologies and unique control algorithms, Power Integrations is now transforming the AC/DC power conversion market with its highly integrated controller ICs and proprietary high voltage Gallium Nitride (GaN) transistor technology enabling previously unattainable levels of energy efficiency and power density.
We are seeking a highly motivated IC designer in the field of power electronics to join our dynamic engineering team in capitalizing on this market transformation.
In this position, you will be involved in the development of Power Management ICs using Power Integrations’ proprietary BiCMOS process technology.
Technical tasks involved are circuit design, simulation, layout supervision, silicon verification, product characterization and documentation. You will communicate with all levels of the organization.
- BSEE/MSEE preferred with emphasis on analog IC design
- 2+ years of experience in design of power management ICs (preferred)
- Thorough understanding of basic circuit theory as well as common transistor circuit building blocks (current sources, gain stages, references, etc.).
- Familiarity with power conversion principles
- Understanding of device physics and ability to apply this knowledge to circuit design to optimize the overall circuit performance.
- Understanding of transistor models and control theory.
- Working knowledge of Cadence design tools.