Job Title - R&D Epi Reactor Operator
San Jose, CA
Weekly Hours: Compressed Work Week, 12 hour shifts, Back End Days
(Th-Sat, Th-Sun 6 am to 6 pm)Who We Are
Companies developing automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination lighting applications need a partner who can collaborate with them to push the boundaries of light. With over 100 years of inventions and industry firsts, Lumileds is a global lighting solutions company that helps customers around the world deliver differentiated solutions to gain and maintain a competitive edge. As the inventor of Xenon technology, a pioneer in halogen lighting and the leader in high performance LEDs, Lumileds builds innovation, quality and reliability into its technology, products and every customer engagement. Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, Lumileds has approximately 9,000 team members supporting operations worldwide. The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.comWho You Are
We are looking for someone who enjoys variety in their work, values unique, in-depth legal experience, thrives under pressure, sweats the details, and works well with a multitude of personalities. You think critically about even the smallest problems, have a knack for asking the right questions and can identify when issues require escalation. You write and communicate clearly and concisely. You have an average to above average sense of humor.Position Summary
Primary responsibilities are operations of MOCVD reactors and characterization of wafers.What You Will Do
What You Will Bring (REQUIRED Qualifications)
- Operate MOCVD (Metal Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition) semiconductor deposition and characterization equipment in cleanroom environment.
- Follow work instructions and execute tasks based on development needs.
- Collaborate with other operators, maintenance technicians, characterization technicians, and engineers in resolving operational issues.
- Perform characterization and visual inspection on processed wafers.
- Learn how to run any new reactor platforms and characterization tools.
- Participate and utilize Lean (Continuous Improvement) principles & methodologies.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience operating production machinery and following manufacturing best practices.
- Demonstrate attention to details and work with high regards to safety.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task, follow work instructions, and maintain high level of cleanliness and quality of work.
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a team environment and communicate clearly (written and verbal).
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve issues while on-shift with other operators & technicians or through escalation process.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle fragile production materials
- Demonstrate the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and extended reaching to load & unload parts and production materials.
- work with extended reach.
- Experience loading and unloading production materials and parts.
- Software experience – e.g. MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access.
Education (Minimum Level)
Field of StudyYears Of Experience (Minimum)
Licenses / CertificationsPreferred Qualifications
- Associates degree or military training in technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience operating and/or maintaining III-V semiconductor growth equipment
- Experience loading/unloading wafers and chamber parts.
- Experience with basic characterization of semiconductor materials desired.
- Experience working in clean room environment.
- Experience with using MES (Manufacturing Execution System) or similar software application.
- Experience with LEAN and Continuous Improvement Programs
- Experience working in manufacturing or R&D department utilizing international quality systems, such as ISO9000 and IATF 16949.
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Lumileds Talent Acquisition