onsemi (Nasdaq: ON) is driving disruptive innovations to help build a better future. With a focus on automotive and industrial end-markets, the company is accelerating change in megatrends such as vehicle electrification and safety, sustainable energy grids, industrial automation, and 5G and cloud infrastructure. With a highly differentiated and innovative product portfolio, onsemi creates intelligent power and sensing technologies that solve the world’s most complex challenges and leads the way in creating a safer, cleaner, and smarter world.
onsemi is seeking a self-driven and motivated professional to join the Phoenix Product Analysis Lab (PAL). As a Senior Failure Analysis Technician, you will work hands-on in a lab setting with a wide variety of onsemi products. You will be joining a group of 20 other engineers and technicians whose passion is to provide “best in class” analytical services and reports. In everything we do, we strive for high quality outcomes, working as a team, respecting one another and encouraging each individual to reach their potential.
- Successfully perform failure analysis activities in a state-of-the-art lab on internally generated failures from qualification, design debug, or other evaluations as well as customer returned semiconductor IC devices
- Isolate failure mechanisms on a very wide variety of product lines including complex Image Sensors, ASICs, Analog, Mixed Signal, Digital Logic, Filters, and Smart Discretes
- Perform optical imaging, curve tracing, electrical bench verification and characterization of failures, X-Ray analysis, SAT/CSAM analysis as part of the initial failure analysis process
- Apply problem solving skills to determine an appropriate analysis plan employing fault localization with photoemission microscopy (PEM) and optical beam induced resistance change (OBIRCH) techniques
- Employ decapsulation and deprocessing techniques using chemical etchants and sample preparation throughout the course of the analysis to expose the area of interest
- Development of new processes, procedures and techniques to improve analytical capability, overcome challenges and drive continuous improvement while working in a team environment
is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. The Company maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of race (actual or perceived), ethnicity, color, religion (including any terms or conditions that would require a person to violate or forgo a sincerely held practice of their religion, unless it causes a bona fide undue hardship on the conduct of business), ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information (including test results), status as a protected veteran, uniform service member status or discharge status, political affiliation, union membership, gender identity or gender expression, certain arrest or criminal history records, homelessness, use of lawful products outside of work during nonworking hours, protective order status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law is prohibited.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact US.HR@onsemi.com
Please visit https://bit.ly/ApplicantPosters
to review your rights as an applicant: EEO is the Law, Employee Polygraph Protection Act, Your Rights Under USERRA, Employee Rights Under the Family Medical Leave Act, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement/Pay Transparency Policy Statement, and Right to Work/E-Verify Poster.Primary Location
Oct 17, 2022, 8:55:19 AMJob Qualifications
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Two Year Associates Degree required
- 5+ years of experience in a failure analysis or materials analysis lab is required
- Individual must be able to handle very small samples during chemical and other lab operations
- Individual must have some level of experience working with chemicals (acids, bases, solvents)
- Individual must have a good command of the English language in spoken and written form
- Individual must excel at multi-tasking and working in a team environment
- Individual must have good organizational skills
- Candidate must be able to work well with ambiguity