In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead the Engineering team to highest level of manufacturing process, best manufacturing practices, innovation on latest manufacturing technology, reduces cycle time and improves efficiency on the manufacturing floor. Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods. Manages all engineering activities and projects as needed.
You are responsible for
Ensures that all cross-functional teams have engineering support as needed.
Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Creates and controls manufacturing work instructions, operation cards, job aids and implements engineering changes (ECO, ECN) to the production floor.
Develops and maintains equipment tracking systems that track failure trends, equipment capacity, runtime, changeover, downtime, etc.
Prepares reports, analyzes data, and make recommendations for improving production operations and solving production-related problems.
Support manufacturing & test operations with regards to device failure validation, root cause analysis, and corrective action implementation.
Reviews the operation of production equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
Perform ROI evaluations, initiate and carry out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
Develop, track, analyze and improve key production & engineering metrics such at asset utilization, equipment runtime, DPMO process measures, capacity studies, cost analysis, PFMEA, etc.
Manage the process engineering and test engineering organizations. Improve efficiency by facilitating greater Manufacturing and Test involvement throughout the Design Cycle.
Conduct Design for Manufacturing (DfM), Assembly (DfA) and Design for Test (DfT) analyses on all incoming designs both prior to and after the Prototype builds.
- Participation in Engineering and CAD design reviews
- Active consultation with the Engineering community related to component package choices
- Active involvement with CAD group on new footprints
- Cadence Allegro analysis during the design cycle, Valor DfA review at end of design cycle (prior to Design Release)
- Involvement during Routing Breakout Phase of the Design Cycle to maximize Test Pad availability for subsequent Flying Probe coverage.
- Record DfA and DfT issues encountered during First Prototype build. Feed back to Engineering / Design organizations to correct any design related problems that can be fixed by a re-spin.
- Offer DfT and DfA consultation for all product designs coordinated through Mercury’s Central CAD organization regardless of whether or not the Prototype Build will be done at USMO. [This is a service to support the One Mercury vision. Also, boards that are not initially assembled at USMO may eventually transition to USMO].
- Analyze all Intel chipsets (CPU, PCH, etc.) for optimal footprint and stencil aperture design, as these complex BGAs are critical components within our most important Assemblies. Also determine if parts are vented, and if they will require special attention and customizations during the Assembly Process.
- Continue and grow the partnership with our Laser Deposited Re-ball supplier, as this key technology will be required to support LGA-to-BGA conversion on Intel chipsets. The laser deposition technique also bypasses a reflow cycle during BGA re-ball processes, which enhances reliability of all BGAs that must be converted from SAC to Sn-Pb solder spheres.
- Implement socketed BGA electrical test verification of Intel CPUs to validate our X-Ray inspection for internal solder extrusions
- Manage the Enhanced Mechanicals room. This is a key Mercury initiative that must succeed.
- Increase reliability of AOI inspections for detecting visible solder joint issues, and X-Ray inspection to determine open BGA solder joints through oblique angle analysis. Determine which “at risk” components require special attention at these two inspection stations.
You are a part of;
Manufacturing Operations team. Daily interactions with engineering team and production team. Work in correlation with all internal/external cross functional teams.
To succeed in this role.
Develop strong relationships with equipment suppliers, engineering and technical support staff.
Maintain all existing automated assembly process equipment, ensures full optimization and accuracy of this equipment, and assist the Preventative Maintenance staff with routine maintenance tasks.
Implements new equipment, develops programming, and trains personnel to ensure proper and efficient equipment operation.
Designs and implements special process fixtures required to assemble product and ensure equipment operate efficiently.
Provides technical support to departments when special training is needed or equipment is down.
Interfaces with Manufacturing Engineers in implementing automation when it is cost effective and necessary.
Corresponds with equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
Stays informed about new technology and current trends for effective manufacturing operations.
Lead the Engineering team on all Process improvement projects. Dealing with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, CAD, CAD/CAM, ODB++ Circuit Design, AutoCAD, Knowledge of production Manufacturing processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing efficiency within manufacturing environment.
15 Years of experience within Manufacturing and Engineering
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is mainly on site with minimum travel time.