MACOM designs and manufactures semiconductor products for Data Center, Telecommunication and Industrial and Defense applications. Headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts, MACOM has design centers and sales offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. MACOM is certified to the ISO9001 international quality standard and ISO14001 environmental management standard.
MACOM has more than 65 years of application expertise with multiple design centers, Si, GaAs and InP fabrication, manufacturing, assembly and test, and operational facilities throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. Click here to view our facilities. In addition, MACOM offers foundry services that represents a key core competency within our business.
MACOM sells and distributes products globally via a sales channel comprised of a direct field sales force, authorized sales representatives and leading industry distributors. Our sales team is trained across all of our products to give our customers insights into our entire portfolio.
Principal Application Engineer – MMIC Products
A Principal Application Engineer is a critical team member
responsible for helping customers with our diverse portfolio of MMIC devices. The
devices span the range of low frequency passives to >86GHz currently, with
new devices coming out all the time. The role is primarily to
work with the team, investigating customer questions, evaluating MACOM devices
in the lab, and providing data to our customers. Duties include time
in the lab using microwave test equipment (PNA-X, other VNA’s, Spectrum
Analyzers, Power Meters), building and teaching others about complex lab
setups, working with the team to design custom application-specific printed
circuit boards, setting up experiments, creating technical content and
presenting it to customers, answering customer technical tickets, analyzing
production data, writing application notes and updating datasheets. The goal of the application engineering team
is to provide direct, confidence-building technical support to our
customers. RF & Microwave coursework and/or experience is required. The
applicant should be a self-starter and be willing to dig into technical
questions; eager to learn!
- Testing on a PNA or PNA-X, including using a probe station
- Design and build supporting hardware for MACOM products such as evaluation boards, reference designs, and application circuits
- Update datasheets with application-related information
- Attend & contribute to design reviews and other technical meetings
- Creative, strong team player who enjoys solving technical problems
- Willing to spend time in the lab setting up equipment and measuring devices
- Creates technical presentations, data packages, and other technical collateral to help customers
- Heavily involved in customer calls, instills trust and confidence, comfortable discussing technical issues
- Prepares and presents technical analysis/data to management as it pertains to customer issues
Qualifications / Skills:
- BS in Electrical Engineering – MS is a plus
- 7+ years of experience as an engineer in the semiconductor field
- Knowledge / experience with RF & Microwave products
- Experience in testing a wide arrange of RF & microwave parameters in the lab
- Exceptional team and communication skills to interface with internal cross-functional teams, and of course customers.
- Comfortable with lab automation via python (minimum able to code with python and willing to aggressively learn to control the equipment)
- Comfortable with data analysis/plotting tools such as Minitab, JMP, python/matplotlib, etc.
- Comfortable using EDA tools such as Keysight ADS, Keysight EMPro, HFSS, AWR
- RF&Microwave system design knowledge/experience a plus
- MMIC Design background a plus
- Advanced Lab Skills a plus
- Work Authorization: Because
this position is part of a business unit that contracts with the U.S.
government, qualified candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent
MACOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. MACOM will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military obligations, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law.
Reasonable Accommodation. MACOM is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you have a disability and are in need of a reasonable accommodation with respect to any part of the application process please call +1-978-656-2500 or email HR_Ops@MACOM.com. Provide your name, phone number and the position title and location in which you are interested, and nature of accommodation needed, and we will get back to you. We also work with current employees who request or need reasonable accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of their jobs.