MACOM designs and manufactures semiconductor products for Data Center, Telecommunication and Industrial and Defense applications. Headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts, MACOM has design centers and sales offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. MACOM is certified to the ISO9001 international quality standard and ISO14001 environmental management standard.
MACOM has more than 65 years of application expertise with multiple design centers, Si, GaAs and InP fabrication, manufacturing, assembly and test, and operational facilities throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. Click here to view our facilities. In addition, MACOM offers foundry services that represents a key core competency within our business.
MACOM sells and distributes products globally via a sales channel comprised of a direct field sales force, authorized sales representatives and leading industry distributors. Our sales team is trained across all of our products to give our customers insights into our entire portfolio.
Software & Hardware Development Engineer
The Software & Hardware Development Engineer will
design, develop, and implement automatic test equipment and test programs for
design verification and product development testing. Will include the design of
test stands and working with colleagues writing test software to attain full
test automation. The person will maintain, support, and develop all development
test procedures and equipment on site. The Software & Hardware Development Engineer
will be responsible for Automated Test Equipment (ATE) for a wide array of semiconductor
components for the industrial, communication, aerospace, and defense markets.
This is an interactive test development role interfacing with Design
Engineering, Product Engineering, Application Engineering, Quality, and
- Helps development team plan for characterization testing during early stages of development.
- Develop complete test solutions, including hardware design, software development, generating test plans, interfacing with product development teams.
- Modify existing software to add new capabilities for future development
- Research and define test methods and/or test strategies for new product portfolio.
- Interface with manufacturing engineering teams to ensure successful implementation of production test solution in our manufacturing factories
- Opportunity to grow into a
test development engineering team manager role
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Test development experience with ATE instrument.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and programming languages for test instrument automation.
- Strong debug, documentation, communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of RF/microwave theory or mixed signal integrated circuit a plus.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Work Authorization: Because this position is part of a business
unit that contracts with the U.S. government, qualified candidates must be a
U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.
MACOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. MACOM will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military obligations, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law.
MACOM is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you have a disability and are in need of a reasonable accommodation with respect to any part of the application process please call +1-978-656-2500 or email HR_Ops@MACOM.com. Provide your name, phone number and the position title and location in which you are interested, and nature of accommodation needed, and we will get back to you. We also work with current employees who request or need reasonable accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of their jobs.