- Participates in cross-functional Integrated Design Team (IDT). Performs Manufacturing Engineering-related tasks supporting the development and successful release of evolutionary and revolutionary new products and configurable product offerings into High Volume Manufacturing (HVM) within the semiconductor capital equipment industry.
- Develops, implements, and releases new product Bills of Materials (BOMs) for complex modules and configurable product architectures. Creates and maintains Family Tree for new products to aid in proper product structure releases.
- Participates in ergonomics & human factors evaluations. Recommends and implements improvements to work area designs.
- Identifies opportunities for tooling, fixturing and rigging solutions to enable safe and efficient transport of modules, testing of systems, and build and installation of subassemblies. Develops, procures, tests, deploys and releases factory and field installation tooling and fixturing as needed.
- Develops high level operational sequences for the build of subassemblies, module integration and final system assembly. Evaluates work methods, procedures and policies. Develops and maintains new business processes; edits as necessary to ensure current practices are documented. Provides guidance to Tech Writers in the development and maintenance of Operation Method Sheets (OMS).
- Actively participates in concept and design reviews. Provides Design for X (DFX) feedback to new product development teams to drive adherence to quality, cycle time, cost and safety goals. Analyzes complex designs to ensure manufacturability, producibility, transportability, and installibility. Solicits feedback from other DFX stakeholders. Maintains DFX scorecards for new products. Participates in cross functional teams to develop and update DFX Best Known Methods (BKMs).
- Performs root cause analysis for issues that arise during manufacture of piece parts, subassembly build, module integration, final assembly and/or test of systems; drives short & long-term corrective actions; provides failure analysis report as required.
- Initiates, releases, approves and implements Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) and Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) as required to support design engineering and production floor with new products. Participates in Change Control Board (CCB) to review ECRs and ECOs from development engineering. Issues supplier waivers as needed to support forward compliance of ECOs or in response to acceptable non-conforming parts.
- Performs virtual analysis of 3D solid models (Virtual Build) for early identification of static and dynamic interferences, technician and tooling access restrictions, and unforeseen build complications, in order to reduce risk of late-stage, high-impact design changes.
- Participates in managed / control build process. Estimates, then validates, labor hours and cycle times of new products. Identifies gaps, develops mitigation plans to hit targets during HVM. Ensures design and documentation packages are complete and accurate prior to transition to HVM work centers.
- Develops and implements Plan for Every Part (PFEP) for new product releases. Determines build / buy strategy. Identifies subassemblies to transition to various internal work centers. Develops part kitting schemes. Maintains kit coding of parts for proper factory routing. May coordinate outsourcing, resourcing or insourcing activities.
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities.
- Experience using 3D CAD systems. Specific experience with PTC Creo a plus. Experience with mechanical analysis software packages, specifically ANSYS, also a plus.
- Familiar with MRP systems and function. SAP knowledge a plus.
- Practical experience with lean continuous improvement a plus.
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members.
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents.
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies.
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations.
- Works well in teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (i.e. mechanical, electrical, manufacturing, industrial).
- Other education backgrounds considered with relevant professional experience.
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.