MACOM designs and manufactures semiconductor products for Data Center, Telecommunication and Industrial and Defense applications. Headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts, MACOM has design centers and sales offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. MACOM is certified to the ISO9001 international quality standard and ISO14001 environmental management standard.
MACOM has more than 65 years of application expertise with multiple design centers, Si, GaAs and InP fabrication, manufacturing, assembly and test, and operational facilities throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. Click here to view our facilities. In addition, MACOM offers foundry services that represents a key core competency within our business.
MACOM sells and distributes products globally via a sales channel comprised of a direct field sales force, authorized sales representatives and leading industry distributors. Our sales team is trained across all of our products to give our customers insights into our entire portfolio.
MACOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. MACOM will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military obligations, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law.
Reasonable Accommodation. MACOM is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you have a disability and are in need of a reasonable accommodation with respect to any part of the application process please call +1-978-656-2500 or email HR_Ops@MACOM.com. Provide your name, phone number and the position title and location in which you are interested, and nature of accommodation needed, and we will get back to you. We also work with current employees who request or need reasonable accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
The Sourcing Manager is responsible for executing Sourcing strategy and delivering the best sourcing decisions while being mindful of continuity risks, total acquisition/landed costs, cycle time, on time delivery and product quality considerations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of purchasing, sourcing, and relationship management with MACOM’s supply base for direct materials.
- Expedite the delivery of purchased items to meet customer required delivery schedules.
- Work diligently with Engineering and Sourcing departments to develop mechanisms that will improve quality, provide realistic schedules, standardize processes, and reduce costs.
- Conduct RFx activities to evaluate and develop alternative sources to ensure the smooth flow of goods and services to support the business needs.
- Conduct supplier reviews to develop new suppliers and establish partnership relationships.
- Maintain and provide a current understanding of industry best practices and technology trends to team members and business partners.
- Evaluate supplier capabilities and establish sources for new technologies and in new markets as business requirements dictate.
- Responsible for observing good business practices, protecting the interests of the company and for buying at the best possible price consistent with time, quality, and quantity requirements.
- Comply with MACOM’s purchasing policies and procedures.
Key Competencies Required:
- Work under minimal supervision with the demonstrated ability to establish priorities, plan workload and establish commitment for task completion.
- Willingness to make decisions without hesitation and getting things done in a timely fashion with sense of urgency
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, to develop positive working relationships internally and externally
- Comfortable multi-tasking and able to deliver results under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Bachelor degree required
- Minimum 5 years of material purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Contract negotiations and development preferred
- Experience in high technology or semiconductor manufacturing environment.
- Strong Computer literacy, particularly in MS Office and SAP.