TEL designs and manufactures complex capital equipment for the semiconductor industry. Our equipment integrates a wide variety of wafer processing technologies from wet to vacuum; and all the support systems to make them run: Electrical power systems, mechanical utilities, PLC controls, vacuum technology, custom design robotics and mechanisms, high voltage, RF generators, complex motion control, process chemical delivery and more.
TEL is continually developing new products and innovating for existing products, reflecting TEL’s commitment to be a leader in the Semiconductor equipment market. TEL is committed to innovation and digital transformation in both our products and our process. Successful candidates will be leaders in small, fast-paced teams that design products that meet our customers high expectations.
As a TEL Senior Electrical Engineer you will bring a passion for rapid development and prototyping along with an attention for detail that leads to successful product launch. Your experience in capital equipment development, DFx, and product compliance will combine with outstanding communication, planning and team skills will directly impact to the success of technology developments.
- Provides project leadership and technical guidance on complex engineering projects that cross multiple disciplines.
- Builds new designs, concepts and implementation plans for project, identifying resources required and prioritize actions effectively.
- Establish and implement project timelines and programming reports, estimate costs, define testing criteria, and help implement new engineering methods
- Plans and performs engineering testing and development programs and uses advanced statistical and scientific methods to address and resolve engineering and production problems and to assure product manufacturability.
- Design and develop equipment that will monitor and control the efficiency of engineering systems.
- Design and develop power distribution within TEL equipment
- Responsible for the installation and technical support of hardware and software.
- Understand key aspects of product compliance to industry specs including NFPA 79, SEMI standards and European Machinery and EMC directives.
- Engage cross-functionally with multiple teams to convey timelines, project status, and resource management.
- Develop site electrical procedures, providing technical guidance for wiring systems, overseeing an electrical system operation from start to finish, ensuring applications meet regulation standards, and providing technical support to various personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree with 12 years of related experience; or Master's Degree with 10 years of related experience; or Associate's Degree with 16 years of related experience; or 20 years of experience in lieu of degree. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in equipment design
- Experience working with high voltage system design
- Experience with capital equipment design in the semiconductor industry preferred
- Experience with interface/control of motors, actuators, and sensors
- Strong analytical abilities, capable of understanding complex systems with multiple variables
- AutoCAD Electrical experience preferred
- Knowledge of communications protocols such as Ethernet TCP/IP, EtherCAT, DeviceNet, CanOpen
- Ability to travel to both domestic and international destinations
- Effective communication skills and ability to work well in a dynamic team environment
- Knowledge of IEC 61131-3 PLC programming including structured text a plus
- C#/.NET/XP/Windows 7/Windows 10 software development experience a plus
- Automation/Robotics experience a plus
Job duties are often performed in confined areas in a clean room environment, in awkward positions and/or in high places. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds is required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, radiation, etc. Occasional overnight travel to TEL factory, training facilities and customer locations may be required.