HVAC Security & Fire Lead Systems Specialist
What you will do
Under general direction, acts as the on-site project leader to plan, execute, and complete fire alarm, access control, CCTV, intrusion alarm and intercom system projects with assigned customers. Performs or delegates tasks as required to execute and fully complete assigned projects including: hardware design, system programming, installation coordination, system and network commissioning and project closeout. Responsible for the overall financial results of assigned projects including: costs, project billings, and collections. Maintains an effective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial results. Actively pursues selling change orders. Coordinates communication with the customer during all phases of the project. Ensures proper execution of warranty. Provides work direction to subcontractors, electrical installers, technicians, designers, and administration as necessary. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards.
How you will do it
- Completes typical installation hardware design and software programming using established standards as required. Provides detailed information to communicate design and operation to customers, Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors.
- Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling changes. Communicates both technical and business related issues with the clients.
- Manages the selection, ordering, budget and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Secures pricing and availability from outside vendors and suppliers, mechanical and electrical subcontractors including scope, terms and conditions. May request several bids in pricing process. Oversees subcontractor payment and billing processes.
- Provides jobsite coordination for panel and field device physical locations. Ensures installation is in accordance with Johnson Controls literature and project requirements.
- Manages and completes the loading, device verification, and commissioning of all systems and controllers as required. Validates complete system functionality and resolves issues with subcontractors and others to ensure proper operation. Provides accurate project as-built and commissioning documentation.
- Manages costs, billings and collections. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and technical assistance to System Technicians, Electrical Installers and System Designers. Provides technical assistance to subcontractors. Ensures that delegated tasks are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract.
- Effectively communicates the status of projects to management as required and provides monthly forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin.
- Sends warranty letter to JCI customer upon substantial completion of project and ensures proper execution of warranty.
- Develops project plans and coordinates the required resources to ensure timely and cost effective installation and completion of assigned projects.
- Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system in full or with assistance. Ensures owner/operator has been trained. Provides proper documentation and manuals for system operation.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required.
- Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
What we look for
[Required Qualifications – Education, Skills & Experience]
- 2-5 years’ experience with installation and service of fire alarm, access control, CCTV, intrusion and intercom systems
- Demonstrate working knowledge of electricity and electronics In addition, demonstrate an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs
- Security experience/certification with P2000, Lenel or C-Cure 9000 required.
- Ability to effectively work independently
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Be able to carry and move equipment/tools weighing up to 40 pounds
- Minimum high school/trade school graduate, military, or two year Associate degree in a technical field involving electronics or computers
- Working knowledge of personal computers (Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7) and Microsoft's suite of Office software
- Working knowledge of IT network systems
- Ability to use hand and power tools and test equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents, as well as project plans, specifications, schedules and equipment installation/operation/troubleshooting manual.
- Must be able to pass background check, drug screen and credit check.
[Preferred Qualifications – Education, Skills & Experience]
- Knowledge of project accounting, costing principals and contracting preferred.
- NICET, and DCJS certification.
Where legally permissible, if hired, candidate is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no later than his/her start date, unless candidate has a valid medical condition or sincerely held religious belief precluding he/she from receiving the vaccine.
Who we are
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require accommodation during the application process.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.