- Prepares wafers for experimentation to include cleaning. Loads wafers, prepares reactor for experimentation and cleans reactors. Operates reactor to perform etch process. Recommends performance of process system and troubleshooting.
- Prepare cross section samples for scanning electron microscope (SEM) and TEM, including cutting, mounting coupons, cleaning, coating and submission
- Records process conditions and experimental observations. Evaluates wafers and coupons, including modification of the process recipes.
- Prepares graphs and tables summarizing results.
- Coordinates with process engineers on wafer evaluations. Sets up equipment for experiments.
Uses quantitative wafer evaluation and process instrumentation knowledge to draw conclusions from data. Assists in training lower level technicians.
- Develop and publish best known method (BKM) procedures including, sample prep, and special sample handling.
Knowledgeably operates laboratory process equipment and instrumentation.
- Has developed advanced specialized expertise within a analytical/scientific area to perform the most complex work
- Has a good understanding of how related teams coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve objectives
- May act as a lead for the team, may allocate work and provide subject matter guidance to more junior team members
- Exercises judgment, based on previous experience, practices and precedents, to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent
- Impacts the effectiveness of own team and closely related teams
- Exchanges ideas and information effectively; uses tact and diplomacy when dealing with others
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.