Arm's Systems IP team based in Bangalore, is growing, and we’re looking to recruit a Functional Safety Lead Engineer to work on some exciting new SMMU IP developments!
At Arm, we are building the next wave of compute technologies, processors and IPs. Interested in participating in the development of such IPs for the Automotive and Functional Safety markets? You are at the right place: apply now!
The Systems IP team engages with the world’s foremost technology companies, driving innovation into all areas that compute is possible, to help build better solutions for the billions of people using our technology worldwide. The team is responsible for the creation of a range of sophisticated Arm IP, like Interconnects/NoCs, MMUs and ISPs used in multiple innovative products for many different market segments.
This role is within the System Memory Management Unit (SMMU) team.
Stop thinking and take up the challenge to shape the IPs of tomorrow!
As Functional Safety Lead Engineer, you will lead all the functional safety activities for SMMU IP projects. As part of a team of lead functional safety engineers on IP projects, you will interact with engineers based in UK, the US and India.
- Make sure that we apply the right processes for functional safety support, and that the Arm functional safety process is followed in an effective way.
- Integrate the activities required for safety documentation and evidence on the development.
- Drive the safety-related activities carried out by engineers working on the project.
- Ensure that people involved on safety tasks get the training, mentoring and coaching to complete these tasks.
- Supervise the completion of required activities, such as safety analyses, requirements tracking and additional reviews.
- Actively carry out risk mitigation for safety activities.
- Help manage project risks associated with safety activities.
- Identify and report project safety issues and concerns to the group's Functional Safety Manager.
- Collaborate to company-wide functional safety initiatives, including improvement activities
- Take part in development of new safety architectures and features
- Analyse existing and potential safety mechanisms within the design; own improvements on those safety mechanisms.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in a functional safety related development project (applying standards such as ISO 26262 and/or IEC 61508).
- Leadership skills in process execution, requirements tracking, risk analysis.
- Ability to understand/drive/challenge technical solutions.
- Experience in hardware and/or software development (>10 years).
- Competence in digital design/hardware description languages, such as or Verilog, SystemVerilog or VHDL.
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Used to collaborating in a multi-site environment.
'Nice to have' skills and experience:
- Good understanding of all stages of the design cycle: initial concept, specification, implementation, verification, documentation and support
- You will have a good university degree, ideally in electronic engineering or computer science.
- A functional safety qualification would be a bonus.
Why you will love this job?
You will work directly with engineers across the company to build next-generation CPUs. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our customers. You will be part of a growing, fast-paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.