Do you love coding? Hardware design & validation? Requirements management and planning? We're with you. Whatever you want to do, do it at the highest level. Arm technology is the driving force behind 95% of the planet's connected devices – from your smartphone to VR headsets to the world's fastest supercomputer. You'll master the craft while working with the biggest names in tech.
At the same time, here at Arm the training and development will be second to none. We'll put our trust in you to work on big, global projects because you'll have world-class mentors on your side to provide the right combination of freedom and support. And you'll also have your own development roadmap which you can pair with your choice of training workshops to take the skills you want to expert levels.
Would you like to be our next Graduate Hardware Engineer in Graphics? Currently, we have an opening in the Design & Verification team for 2023!
We want you to be a part of the graphic's revolution for handheld devices, and automotive products by giving you the opportunity to contribute to the Mali GPUs extraordinary success story. As a graduate engineer, you will contribute to making a real difference and be encouraged to share innovative ideas and learn new skills from the industry's leading experts!
Hardware engineers within our highly motivated and dedicated Graphics team have responsibilities that cover all areas of the design and verification process. They work closely with partners, architectural design, and implementation. They write specifications, design, and simulation, verification of functionality, generating deliverables, and maintenance of designs.
Arm’s Lund design center is located in Lund, a city voted as the best place to live in Sweden and considered a European technology hub. The Lund hardware design team is a well established team with engineers from more than 10 different nationalities. In this international environment, you will gain the experience to work with the sharpest minds in the business and be part of the team that designs the world's most shipped Graphics processor (GPU), named Mali.
- Read specifications to explore solution space. Implement the solutions in a verification environment using programming skills.
- Write code that describes the design behavior and microarchitecture and verifies the functional correctness.
- Collaborate with other Arm GPU sites in Cambridge (UK), Trondheim (Norway), and Ra'anana (Israel).
Required Skills and Experience :
- Good university degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering ideally. Other science graduates are also welcome with relevant experience.
- Exposure to C or Python, Java, or any object-oriented programming languages.
- Motivated to work both unsupervised/individually and as part of a project team.
- Understanding of microprocessor fundamentals.
- Have good English communication skills (oral and written) to share ideas efficiently.
- Able to collaborate efficiently. Desire to ask questions and take initiative in an ambiguous environment.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Use of Linux and shell programming.
- Familiar with high-level simulation languages, such as VHDL or Verilog/UVM
- Familiar with hardware design, and verification techniques.
- Knowledge of the principles of 3D graphics
The successful candidate will be part of the global graduate program and will be provided with vital training to succeed in the role and on-the-job learning opportunity.
As well as a friendly and high-performance working environment, Arm offers a competitive benefits package in Sweden including private medical insurance, 30 days annual leave, supplementary pension, and wellness benefits.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.