Position located at our Richardson, TX facility
Sr Research Program Development Manager position within Qorvo's High Performance Analogy (HPA) Research group has two main responsibilities: 1) Working with technical staff, the Research PM for advanced technology will serve as proposal manager to capture customer-funded Research and Development (CRAD) programs that are sponsored by government agencies (for example DoD agencies such as DARPA, ONR, AFRL, ARL and DOE agencies) and defense primes for technology development; 2) Research PM will manage and execute customer-funded programs effectively, working with cross functionals teams consisting of technical staff, manufacturing, contract compliance, finance, and others. To grow CRAD opportunities, the Research PM will work on proposal approach and strategy, teaming, organize proposal content, work with diverse internal and external team to meet proposal requirements, and be responsible for cost proposal, organize technical tasks and project plans.
The job requires someone who is passionate about technology development, demonstrates effective communication with external customers to understand customer needs and requirements and provide regular updates, organized in executing complex projects, while driving team to meet technical program objectives within schedule and deliverables. Specific skills also include tracking and monitoring budget and spend plans, reviewing external request for proposals, defining milestones and metrics with team. The role may also include managing internally funded projects to generate initial data to capture funded research and develop strategic and collaborative relationships with potential customers or research partners.
The key relevant past experience may include principal investigator roles that lead cross functional teams (PI or lead research scientist) or technical program manager role on R&D programs or program teams, building and strategizing technical proposals with internal and external teams, generate cost proposal with functional support groups, and interact and build strong relationships with R&D customer base. The top desired skills include technical background in semiconductors/RF research and development, collaborative team work, excellent verbal presentation skills as well as written communication, and logical organization and planning.
- Working with technical staff, the Research PM will serve as proposal manager to capture customer-funded Research and Development (CRAD) programs that are sponsored by government agencies
- Manage and execute customer-funded programs effectively, working with cross functionals teams consisting of technical staff, manufacturing, contract compliance, finance, and others
- Develop technical and cost proposal submissions with research team and support functions for new funded R&D programs
- Expand CRAD opportunities, work on proposal approach and strategy, teaming, organize proposal content, work with diverse internal and external team to meet proposal requirements,
- Responsible for cost proposal, organize technical tasks and project plans
- BS in Engineering (RF or microelectronics) is required; MS or PhD is strongly desired
- 5 years of experience managing technology development programs
- 5 years of semiconductor industry/RF research and development experience preferred
- Collaborative team work
- Excellent verbal presentation skills as well as written communication
- Must have demonstrated experience in leading/organizing/planning technical programs
- Will partner across functional teams from design, research, operations, to finance and supply chain
- Experience in engineering positions (design, applications, foundry, research, development, process development, etc.)
- Competent with MS Powerpoint, Excel, Word, and MS Project
Because this position is part of a business unit that contracts with the US government, qualified candidates must be U.S. persons (generally a US citizen or green card holder). Individuals holding temporary visas, such as F-1 or H-1B, are not U.S. persons.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVO
We are Qorvo. We do more than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and infrastructure markets – we are a place to innovate and shape the future of wireless communications. It starts with our employees. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what's next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.