We can't predict what the future holds, but we know Texas Instruments will have a part in shaping it.:
Texas Instruments is seeking a skilled Engineering Technician to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for technical functions in support of product development lab engineering activities such as design, test, modification, fabrication, assembly, characterization, functional validation, and electrical analysis of prototype electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, specialized test equipment, and/or IC devices. You will use test and diagnostic equipment, schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts and/or defined plans to perform operational testing, checkout, and fault isolation on systems and equipment. Engineering Technicians will also conducts engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect design data or assist in research work as well as maintains lab processes and documentation in accordance with IATF 16949.Responsibilities Include
- Ability to design, manage and assemble electonic in-house projects as required in the lab.
- Ability to design, manage and assemble electronic demos required for seminars, trade shows, etc.
- Will include some SW development including going over code and writing code.
- Associates degree in electronics, related technical discipline or equivalent military electronics training
- Or 3+ years of hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment technician experience (school or job related)
- Fundamental knowledge of basic electronics, basic technical science, and applied electrical
- Fundamental knowledge of basic mechanics and mechatronics
- Self-driven with ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Capable of multitasking, prioritizing, and working under various distractions and constraints
- Ability to learn and understand electro-mechanical systems
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills on electrical/mechanical systems
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with bench and automated test equipment
- Experience with soldering
- Proficient with MS Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Good listener and excellent verbal and written communication skills
About Texas Instruments
- Engineer your future. We empower our employees to truly own their career and development. Come collaborate with some of the smartest people in the world to shape the future of electronics.
- We’re different by design. Diverse backgrounds and perspectives are what push innovation forward and what make TI stronger. We value each and every voice, and look forward to hearing yours. Meet the people of TI
- Benefits that benefit you. We offer competitive pay and benefits designed to help you and your family live your best life. Your well-being is important to us.
As a global semiconductor company, we design, manufacture, test and sell analog and embedded processing chips to nearly 100,000 customers. Our products enable electronics everywhere and in things you experience every day - from health care, smart homes and connected cars to drones, smart phones and more. Our passion to create a better and more sustainable world by making electronics more affordable through semiconductors drives us to make our technology smaller, more efficient, more reliable and more affordable.Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.