Federal, Colorado Springs, CO
Semtech is a leading supplier of high-performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductors and advanced algorithms for infrastructure, high-end consumer, and industrial equipment.
Through our advanced technology platforms, Semtech is enabling mission critical applications for three of the industry's fastest growing markets: Internet of Things, Data Centers and Mobility.
For over three decades, Semtech has been a market leader in providing high-performance ESD and transient voltage protection solutions to safeguard the most advanced data interfaces on the market for industrial, telecommunication and automotive applications. The Protection Business Unit produces ultra-small, high performance platforms that protect next-gen electronics.
Semtech is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to support the Colorado Springs Federal manufacturing facility. This individual will be responsible for successfully maintaining and continuously improving manufacturing equipment and systems used in semiconductor assembly processes. The position requires a proven engineer with solid manufacturing experience, who can demonstrate the ability to collaborate in a pro-active, hands-on manner across the organization locally and across the company to improve our products’ quality and manufacturability.
- Provides technical guidance and engineering support to production operations and technical interface with suppliers
- Collaborates with Design Engineers, Maintenance, Quality and Production to improve manufacturing and engineering processes
- Applies full knowledge and broad understanding of engineering activities for the development, implementation, and continual improvement of manufacturing methods
- Troubleshoots production issues; lead, coordinate and implement improvements and corrective actions. Including the development or improvement of manufacturing operation sequence and tooling designs
- Create and updates Quality and Industrial Engineering tools / processes (PFMEA, control plans, error proofing processes/fixtures, MSA, SPC, Ppk/Cpk analysis, Line Balancing / layout, tact times, etc.) to improve manufacturing efficiency
- Participates in related NCMR/MRB activities to include collaboration with the Quality group to facilitate failure mode root cause analysis and determine corrective actions
- Applies lean manufacturing concepts to solve engineering and manufacturing problems, increase production efficiency/quality and reduce costs
- Works with other engineers to design, purchase/build, and certify new equipment and processes. Help transition new product lines to manufacturing and support startup activities of new products
- Can mentor technicians and operations trainers on all aspects of the process
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field (i.e., Materials, Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering) or the equivalent in technical training courses and 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- 3+ years of experience with Semiconductor Packaging or SMT PCB Assembly environments and semiconductor backend processes in a production cleanroom environment is preferred
- Proven ability to solve and generate innovative solutions independently
- SPC knowledge/experience and application both in a manufacturing environment and with designed experiments
- Should be able to demonstrate an analytical and logical thought process to solve problems
- Skilled in effective project implementation, can plan, organize, and direct tasks
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment
- Possess effective communication skills, both verbal and written, and presentation skills
- Microsoft office proficiency required
- Experience with AutoCAD, Solidworks, and/or statistical software preferred
Career Growth Philosophy
At Semtech, we seek innovation and leadership from each and every member of our team. Our goal is to ensure that our talented professionals are equipped with support, resources, and the opportunity to excel. Our pay-for-performance philosophy provides recognition and prestige coupled with a competitive compensation package.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Career progression notification for Manufacturing Engineer positions: Manufacturing Engineers are hired at the level commensurate with their skills and eligible to be promoted from a Manufacturing Engineer (II), Manufacturing Engineer (III), and Manufacturing Engineer (IV) in their career progression. Such promotions are non-competitive, subject to the discretion of the Company, and may occur at any time. An employee must have the title of Manufacturing Engineer (II) to be promoted to Manufacturing Engineer (III), or a title of Manufacturing Engineer (III) to be promoted to Manufacturing Engineer (IV), etc. The Company does not accept applications for these promotions.
The salary ranges corresponding to these roles are as follows:
Manufacturing Engineer (II) $64,400 - $119,600.00
A description of benefits available to Manufacturing Engineers may be accessed at Semtech Benefits. Manufacturing Engineers are exempt and eligible for annual bonuses.