Edwards Vacuum Hillsboro
is looking for a Test Technician
to join the team in this newly created role! The Test Technician’s aim is to make sure products meet quality standards and function properly. The test performed varies depending on the product configuration. Testing methods involve monitoring, assembling, improving, and manipulating a product to ensure it is in no way defective – this is performed against a standard set of test guidelines.Main Responsibilities
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the assembly meets quality standards’ proposed functions. Record and publish accurate test results from inspections.
- Load final configuration of software and firmware to systems for final build completion.
- Assembling, calibrating, improving, and performing maintenance on test equipment.
- Support the training of team members and collaborate to drive improvement and efficiency.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with department colleagues and the supporting departments.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Good problem solving and critical thinking ability to identify root cause errors.
Passionate people create exceptional things
- Associate degree in a field related to engineering technology, electronic background beneficial.
- Knowledge and experience of the principles of electrical or mechanical component constructions and assembly.
- Certification from the American Society for Quality or the Electrical Testing Technician Certification Institute is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret engineered drawings and diagrams.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills specifically using Microsoft office applications.
- Test Technicians must be analytical problem solvers with strong observational and communication skill due to the precise nature of this work.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working a manufacturing environment.
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future.
We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.