At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to World Wide Procurement policies & procedures.
- Assist the immediate supervisor to ensure consistency & standardization of procedures and practices within the Procurement Department and meeting Departmental Goals and Objectives.
- Conduct & support vendor sourcing, selection, and recommendation.
- Negotiate with suppliers on purchasing price targeting directed KPI for assigned commodity periodically in order to contribute to WDC financial performance
- Ensure supplier capacity and flexibility are sufficient to support the planned schedule from PC to meet MPS by-products, volume & mixes.
- Maintain good communication and relationship with suppliers, and all sections/departments across all WD sites.
- Ensure proper management of E&O and EOL products.
- Ensure support of VMI, JIT, and Buffer Planning.
- Manage supplier lead time and liability profile.
- Manage supplier’s ERM: Enterprise Risk Management and BCP: Business Continuity Plan
- Manage supplier’s VRT standard cost and contract agreement
- Participate in suppliers’ plant audit/visit jointly with SQE.
- Detect materials problems and issues as early as possible, action plan and strategy for the solution
- Solve issues, organize meetings, set direction, and provide strategies for improvement.
- Comply with Legal requirements (EMS, OHSMS, Regulatory Requirements (RBA, QMS, IMS)
- Generate ad-hoc reports as requested by management from time to time.
- Liaise with the IT department on ERP system enhancement.
- Interact with all levels within WD functional groups in a close loop manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in any field or a Master's Degree is a plus
- Minimum 5 - 7 years related procurement working experience on high volume, preferable OEM manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge in Procurement Commodity Sourcing
- Knowledge in concepts of ISO 9000, 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Oracle knowledge
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Communication skills
- Coordination skills
- Negotiation skills
- Flexible and adaptable
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.