Tech Lead - C++ CPU modelling
We are looking for a proficient C++ developer for a technical leadership role in our rapidly growing team.
Fast Models products enable an ecosystem of developers to write software years before their target hardware is available. Arm is looking for highly skilled and motivated engineers to help guide the modelling of Arm’s next generation of architectures and devices. We create models of innovative Arm technologies that will power future computing systems, from embedded to supercomputers. There are currently around 100 engineers working on Fast Models, so we can offer diverse career paths and opportunities for you to grow further.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience in designing and implementing maintainable, performant, professional code in C++11/14/17
- University degree in an engineering, scientific or mathematical field or equivalent experience
- Experience in providing technical leadership or mentoring to other engineers, building strong teams
- Familiarity with computer architecture
- Flair for lateral thinking and problem solving
- An affinity for the Arm Values, including a desire to help everyone deliver as a team and a passion for innovation and continuous improvement.
'Nice To Have' Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with Arm architecture, any other CPU architecture or low level software development e.g. device drivers
- Experience with modelling technologies, such as SystemC
- Experience of cross-platform development for Linux and Windows
- You and your team will build highly efficient C++ models of new Arm technology. As one of the first consumers of new architectures, you will influence the success of an industry and develop tools that are key to the development flows of Arm and our customers.
- Our engineers have access to excellent compute hardware and are supported by a dedicated DevOps team. We work in a mature but evolving Agile environment, using guilds to share ideas between those with shared interests (including one for technical leadership).
- As a technical lead, you will guide and nurture talent and deliver through others. You will collaborate with other leads and architects to design optimal software solutions to complex problems and help your team implement them.
- We value diversity in Arm - we will fit around your life to enable you contribute to our success.
- This role can be full time or part-time
- We have flexible working hours for all and a progressive leave policy which can accommodate the unexpected
- Our new offices are amazing places to collaborate, but now we've mastered working from home, that will remain an option for part of the week
- We have some scope to adapt the role and job title to the right person - if you are interested but unsure whether you tick all the boxes, we would love to hear from you anyway! We are keen to welcome talented people into Arm.