About this opportunity
The Ericsson Compiler Code Analysis team is dedicated to Research and Development of new and enhanced compiler technology to produce high quality, efficient code for Ericsson’s proprietary CPUs. Ericsson proprietary CPUs are used in millions of infrastructure wireless systems deployed around the world. Join the adventure of crafting world class compiler technologies to meet the demanding performance, quality and security requirements of modern wireless infrastructure equipment.
The Ericsson Austin compiler team is looking for a highly motivated Senior Compiler Engineer with LLVM compiler infrastructure development experience, and experience working with large, in-production software repositories. The ideal candidate would have 4+ years’ experience developing LLVM/Clang based software, and at least 1+ year working in the Clang Static Analyzer and Clang-tidy areas. The successful candidate will be part of our daily efforts to architect, design and implement compiler routines for proprietary CPU optimizations, quality and secure coding practices analysis. These activities are conducted on a daily basis in cooperation with operating system, CPU, infrastructure, and runtime research and development teams.
What you will do
- In this role, you will work on the LLVM/Clang compiler.
- Research, design, develop and improve different components of the compiler
- Analyze performance, code size and other metrics to identify compiler improvements
- Analyze software requirements, determine the feasibility of design with the given constraints, collaborate with the architecture and hardware engineers and come up with the best solutions for Ericsson’s internal code analysis problems.
- Analyze and identify system level integration issues, interface with the software development, integration and test teams
You will bring
- Bachelor’s in Computer Engineering or similar field
- 8+ years development experience in high level C++ programming
- Experience contributing to the Open Source LLVM Compiler Infrastructure project is preferred
- Working knowledge of compiler architecture, front-end and middle-end optimizations, code analysis techniques
- Experience using git, bug tracking systems, continuous integration process
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with static analysis (clang-tidy, clang static analysis, Coverity, Klocwork) and dynamic analysis (AddressSanitizer, MemorySanitizer, ThreadSanitizer, gcov, valgrind) tools
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team. Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more. If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com
The health, safety and well-being of our employees is our priority. Successful applicants will be required to disclose their vaccination status prior to employment. Except for those positions designated as 100% remote, successful applicants who did not provide the required proof of vaccination will be required to test weekly and wear masks at all Ericsson and customer facilities. This includes employees with medical or religious exemptions with testing as an accommodation. Compliance with government and customer requirements regarding vaccination may preclude unvaccinated applicants from employment for a particular job.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position, and you may be required to perform additional job tasks as assigned.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || United States : Texas : Austin || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || United States : Arizona : Phoenix || United States : California : Irvine || United States : California : Los Angeles || United States : California : Sacramento || United States : California : Santa Clara || United States : Florida : Miami || United States : Florida : Orlando || United States : New York : New York || United States : Texas : Dallas