We are looking for a Group Reporting Accountant to join our expanded group corporate reporting and accounting team. You will be joining the business at a time of change as we prepare for Arm to become a listed company!
This is an exciting time to be at Arm as the business continues to grow and evolve! Now is an unusual opportunity to develop professionally and gain experience in leading a multifaceted and encouraging finance team by delivering on our passion for performance while crafting an employee centric culture. Are you looking to join a highly performing team?
The Arm Financial Reporting and Accounting (FR&A) team is looking for a senior accountant to join our team! FR&A is responsible is for consolidation and compliance.
- Play a key role in consolidation of the Arm’s Group’s financial performance and position on a monthly basis, including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement and other disclosures.
- Closely support Arm’s IFRS consolidation and build knowledge of any differences for the US GAAP consolidation.
- Be involved in group reporting to Arm’s parent company, SoftBank, as well as developing an understanding of public company reporting and compliance requirements.
- Support certain Group-level corporate accounting entries and reconciliations.
- Collaborate with other teams/ stakeholders within Finance to achieve reporting of a high standard on a timely basis.
- Work with Arm’s external auditors and will support Arm’s internal control environment by operating and documenting compliance with relevant controls, including controls relevant for SOx.
- Support our preparation of annual statutory accounts for the Group and Arm’s UK entities.
- Support preparation of quarterly interim consolidated accounts.
- Monitor compliance of annual statutory reporting compliance by Arm’s subsidiaries.
- Work collaboratively with the Group Technical Accountant to ensure group reporting appropriately covers any new accounting standards/ policies, or business activities that result in new types of accounting for Arm.
- Drive continuous improvement of systems and processes as we seek to improve quality and efficiency of financial reporting.
Required Skills and Experience:
- ACA/ ACCA qualified accountant (or similar).
- Previous practical experience in an industry role (preferable).
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and its application.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and its application is helpful.
- Prior knowledge of S4-HANA (SAP) is helpful.
- Some experience of group consolidation and related reporting.
- Ability to balance contending asks and prioritise accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills to develop effective cross-functional relationships.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure particularly during key project and reporting times.