Advanced Packaging Development Engineer - ( 2205755 )
onsemi (Nasdaq: ON) is driving disruptive innovations to help build a better future. With a focus on automotive and industrial end-markets, the company is accelerating change in megatrends such as vehicle electrification and safety, sustainable energy grids, industrial automation, and 5G and cloud infrastructure. With a highly differentiated and innovative product portfolio, onsemi creates intelligent power and sensing technologies that solve the world’s most complex challenges and leads the way in creating a safer, cleaner, and smarter world.
onsemi (Nasdaq: ON) is hiring a self-directed and self-driven Process and Technology Development Manager/Engineer at our headquarters in Phoenix Arizona. This is a fast moving and exciting opportunity that will broaden and enhance one skills and challenge the candidate throughout their career. You would be working in the Central Engineering organization (previously named Corporate R&D) creating and qualifying next generation of technologies. In addition, you will be supporting wafer/die sales and the integration wafer technologies into the final package and assembly process on a global basis by working with other fabs, our assembly sites and external customers around the world. This opportunity is for those who are technically focused and thrive on solving complex challenges by leading global teams to create future technology platforms and intellectual property for onsemi.
The majority of the time is spent at the location, but some time can be spent remotely at home. Especially during international conference calls.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
• Lead the wafer and die sales development strategy throughout the corporation
• Align technology strategies and develop new post fab technology platforms with cross-functional teams on a global basis
• Understand technology development methodology and able to convert to (and drive) actionable goals
• Optimize processes and tools for new technologies surrounding 150-300mm wafer thinning, metal deposition, etch, photolithography, new materials, bumping, wafer level packaging and package assembly
• Work with our internal factories and subcontractors to implement and qualify processes into manufacturing
• Deliver processes and metrics towards meeting project goals and timelines
• Document findings and process flows to create baseline for new technology platforms
• Support and work with the Package Development Teams and customers with process integration, data analytics and reports on a global basis
• BS degree in Engineering or technical field. MS degree is a plus
• 10 years experience in semiconductor processing or similar industry
• Ability to lead development teams and define strategies on a global basis
• Knowledge of post fab processing such as wafer thinning, sputter, plating, photolithography, wafer bonding, bumping, wafer level packaging and package assembly
• Experience with FMEA risk analysis • Intermediate level data analysis skills specifically in Excel or JMP
• Proficiency in Microsoft office, particularly PowerPoint
• Strong communication skills with experience presenting technical project details
• Self-motivated and results oriented
• Fluency (written and oral) in English required
Equal Employment Opportunity: onsemi is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. The Company maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of race (actual or perceived), ethnicity, color, religion (including any terms or conditions that would require a person to violate or forgo a sincerely held practice of their religion, unless it causes a bona fide undue hardship on the conduct of business), ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information (including test results), status as a protected veteran, uniform service member status or discharge status, political affiliation, union membership, gender identity or gender expression, certain arrest or criminal history records, homelessness, use of lawful products outside of work during nonworking hours, protective order status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law is prohibited.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact US.HR@onsemi.com for assistance.
Please visit https://bit.ly/ApplicantPosters to review your rights as an applicant: EEO is the Law, Employee Polygraph Protection Act, Your Rights Under USERRA, Employee Rights Under the Family Medical Leave Act, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement/Pay Transparency Policy Statement, and Right to Work/E-Verify Poster.
Primary Location : United States-AZ-Phoenix
Job : Engineering
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Posting : Oct 19, 2022, 12:26:16 PM
Req ID: 2205755
ON Semiconductor is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state or local protected classes. ON is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of protect class status.